The primary responsibilities of the Director of Nursing (DON) are to assume authority, responsibility and accountability for the delivery of nursing services in the facility. Administration of the Pannill Healthcare center – through mission, vision, standards, interdepartmental team building, strategies to promote communication and collaboration, policies & procedures, determining staffing needs, budgeting and sources of reimbursement. Additional areas of responsibility are Managing and Developing Staff, Resident Care, Quality Assurance and Assessment and Regulatory Compliance.
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in Nursing, BSN preferred.
- Must have current RN license through Virginia Board of Nursing.
- Gerontological Nursing Certification preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of state and federal regulations and the ability to ensure compliance.
- Demonstrate high degree of leadership, organizational ability and communication skills.
- Knowledge of long-term care management, policies, budgeting, personnel management and census development is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in nursing administration and supervision required.
- Current CPR certification or ability to obtain; CPR instructor a plus.
- Good time management; ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to detail and having good organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently as part of a team, exercise flexibility, initiative, problem-solving, critical thinking, good judgment and discretion.
- Ability to work with confidential information and maintain its’ integrity.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to read and comprehend all types of written materials, strong phone etiquette and ability to speak with appropriate grammar.
- Operates personal computer, printer, copy machines and other general office equipment; electronic medical records preferred.
- Strong customer service skills; maintain a hospitality approach when engaging all individuals.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?TkItgl9WCGEUg8X8qC%2fNOge