Snowmakers operate and perform maintenance on equipment required for the process of making snow.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate, maintain, clean and relocate snowmaking and adjunct equipment as directed in a safe manner consistent with Sun Valley Company procedures.
- Monitor and document the condition and status of all stationary, portable and stored equipment used in the snowmaking process.
- Provide response to guests’ questions and other needs as able in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Communicate closely via two-way radio and other forms of communication with members of the snowmaking crew and other departments to ensure the safe and appropriate conduct of all activities.
- Among others they will use the following tools:
- hand tools
- telephone and two way radio
- pick-up truck, snowmobile, snowcat, trailers, sleds, other forms of transport.
- ladders and scaffolding
- picks and shovels
- chain and pipe wrenches
- metal detector
- welding apparatus and tanks/regulators
- oils/lubricants/solvents/anti-seize compounds/water-treatment chemicals
- hoists, pulleys and winches
- snowmaking equipment
- appropriate personal protection equipment (boats, coats, etc.)
- chair lifts
- alpine ski and snowboard equipment
- chain saws
- brush saws