The primary function of a Sun Valley Baker is to directly assist the Pastry Chef or Pastry Sous Chef in preparation of all baked goods and desserts required by the Food and Beverage Operation.
Start Date: November 1, 2020
General Duties & Responsibilities :
- Prepare goods from established property recipes;
- Assist in creation of new products as necessary to meet demand of outlets;
- Maintain adequate pars of finished goods to meet forecasted demand;
- Ensure adequate stock and supply of raw goods is on-hand as required
- Ensure cleanliness of all appliances and equipment; and,
- Other responsibilities as assigned by management.
Key Competencies :
Comprehensive understanding and ability to safely operate the following industrial equipment: bread slicer, steam kettles, sheeting device, bun rounder, general utensils, ovens, scales, proof box, walk in, mixers and blenders.
Minimum Required Qualifications :
- Successful completion of culinary or pastry program or 5 years experience in the industry.
- Understand and carry out detailed written or verbal instructions;
- Ability to handle kitchen cutlery efficiently and safely;
- Ability to identify and safely use kitchen equipment and utensils;
- Ability to retain information as relayed by Supervisor;
- Ability to work without distraction;
- Follow kitchen grooming standards to the letter.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Ability to speak and read in English.