Position Type: FT Sal/WhCo NoOT
About the Organization
Sun Chemical, a member of the DIC group, is a leading producer of printing inks, coatings and supplies, pigments, polymers, liquid compounds, solid compounds, and application materials. Together with DIC, Sun Chemical has annual sales of more than $7.5 billion and over 20,000 employees supporting customers around the world.
Site quality subject matter expert. Manager of all on-site laboratory activities. Primary site technical liaison to technical labs / formulators. Owner of site ISO Quality system. Directs the plant’s quality management system to ensure consistent quality and adherence to established standards and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Safety and Housekeeping:
- Train employees to practice safe and efficient work techniques to minimize potential injuries and hazardous conditions.
- Conduct daily meetings with direct reports.
- Ensure that employees are issued, maintain, and wear required PPE.
- Use 5S methodology to ensure that work areas are clean, organized, and efficient.
Supervision & Leadership:
- Plan, organize, and direct laboratory personnel to meet or exceed customer expectations. Proactively manage expenses to established annual operating plan.
- Lead and motivate on-site quality team. Consistently handle employee labor relation issues such as training, counseling, discipline, and conflict resolution.
- Ensure compliance to standard human resource practices and facility work rules. Engage team members to foster positive employee morale. Lead courageously to ensure fair and equitable work environment.
- Assign work to employees according to established priorities and communicate special instructions to laboratory technicians.
- Coordinate and communicate departmental needs with other shifts and departments.
- Collect and analyze statistical data. Position carries final authority for approvals, rejections, or corrections of production batches.
- Collaborates with formulators to maintain quality control objectives. Works to minimize production downtime due to quality driven non-conformity and constraints. Evaluates formulas and manufacturing methods for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Establishes policy for retention of samples and standards and makes a continuous review of retained standards.
- Documents findings of rejected batches and makes appropriate recommendations to eliminate further rejections.
- Investigates customer complaints, provides feedback and resolution. Maintains computer-based batch of QC records and Certificates of Analysis for all products.
- Oversees maintenance, calibration, and performance of laboratory equipment. Makes recommendations for replacement when appropriate.
- Maintains open communication with technical and production managers to ensure execution of quality and product management initiatives.
- Provides QC technical support to sales force and customers. Support may include graphical analysis as well as summary data. Participates in plant management staff meetings.
- Leads continuous improvement initiatives. Applies Six Sigma methodology and tools to analytical and reporting processes within each department.
- Work with vendors to ensure quality of all materials purchased.
- Designs and implements quality control training programs for QC and production personnel.
Process Control & Improvement:
- Coordinates with technical and engineering to improve production processes.
- Processes paperwork and reports in a timely manner.
- Proactively manages laboratory expense budget and related capital project execution.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS or BA. Chemistry preferred.
- Candidates must possess 3-5 years of quality control supervision experience within a manufacturing environment. Five years industry experience as an ink QC technician or formulator is preferred. Water-based inks experience is preferred.
- High technical and math proficiency is required.
- Candidates must have demonstrated experience in safety, environmental and regulatory matters.
- Candidates must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as the ability to lead and motivate others.
- Experience with ISO and Six Sigma Methodology/Techniques is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully champion change, work across silos and provide innovative approach to the function.
Sun Chemical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?PugskSDsdHMnHuMAv55dPQl