Position Type: FT Sal/WhCo OT
About the Organization
Sun Chemical, a member of the DIC group, is a leading producer of printing inks, coatings and supplies, pigments, polymers, liquid compounds, solid compounds, and application materials. Together with DIC, Sun Chemical has annual sales of more than $7.5 billion and over 20,000 employees supporting customers around the world.
As a QC Tech I for 2nd shift, you will be responsible for providing manufacturing support by maintaining on-time product flow through Quality Control processes. Use various lab equipment, EtQ, SAP, Outlook, Excel and color software/hardware to verify successful manufacturing accordance with design product specifications. Under direct supervision of Quality Control Supervisor, performs and adheres to all company policies procedures.
- Follow and engage in the safety initiatives/programs & protocol at the site.
- Observe and execute all Quality initiatives/ programs
- Acknowledge and process all quality documentation regarding production
- Display effective training with successful execution of WI & SOP
- Minimize errors through document proofing/review
- Label and retain production material to provide traceability
- Coordinate with leadership to ensure product meets specifications
- Performs standardized quality control tests
- Make effective material additions that ensure product design
- Approves completed batches against prescribed specifications
- Supports calibration and equipment verification systems
- Maintains quality control records in accordance with ISO standards
- Engages in and exhibits 5S behaviors
- Maintains lab and equipment with high standards in a clean working environment.
- Demonstrate best practice to facilitate KPI & site metrics expectations
- Follow SMART guiding principles with task/project achievements
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Associates Degree, technical trade school or minimum 4 years industry technical experience, with concentration in the following areas:
- Chemical solvent testing experience preferred.
- High computer aptitude required
- Ability to prioritize
- Strong Customer Service Skills with the ability to follow up and follow through
- Ability to communicate verbally and through writing in English.
- Ability to learn and understand procedures for technical and analytical testing
Ability to participate in special projects and continuous improvement activities.
- Flexibility with scheduling and adapt to business requirements & needs
- 2nd Shift (3pm – 11:30pm)
Sun Chemical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?sAbWxt0qRkurOZF1Pjv5Jgm