Position Type: FT Sal/WhCo OT
About the Organization
Sun Chemical, a member of the DIC group, is a leading producer of printing inks, coatings and supplies, pigments, polymers, liquid compounds, solid compounds, and application materials. Together with DIC, Sun Chemical has annual sales of more than $7.5 billion and over 20,000 employees supporting customers around the world.
Directs the work of hourly personnel with a critical focus on safety, continuous improvement, and quality while maintaining high productivity. Responsibilities to include training personnel in safe working practices, coordinating with quality control to ensure that quality is maintained at the highest possible level, and expedition of manufacturing to maximize throughput at minimum cost. In addition, preparing operations reports, maintaining area housekeeping, coordinating maintenance of manufacturing and peripheral equipment, and interacting with related support departments to expedite flow of materials.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Promote and ensure a safe working environment and enforce safety rules and procedures. Responsible for personal safety accountabilities, safety audits, task-safety-observations, leading safety teams and conducting safety meetings.
- Troubleshoot and manage processes to ensure maximum quality and yield.
- Plan, organize, and direct work of production operators to ensure an efficient operation.
- Responsible for maintaining department financial performance.
- Prepare and maintain production, inventory, and employee records. Prepares department administrative reports.
- Coordinate with maintenance to ensure the preventative and reactionary maintenance of manufacturing and peripheral equipment.
- Front line responsibility for labor relations, including the handling of initial disciplinary actions.
- Responsible for executing the production schedule as set up by the site management staff.
- Utilizing Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing tools; identify and execute continuous improvement projects.
- People Development to include but not limited to coaching, counseling and administering consistent and appropriate discipline where warranted.
- Required active involvement on various work teams including Six Sigma, Safety, etc.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Minimum High School Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree preferred (chemistry or chemical engineering background ideal). Three (3) years minimum experience required as a production supervisor or process technician. Competence in MS Office software and SAP.
Sun Chemical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?1UCFofWBduf7Xl0yKpz%2fkgs