A new tab will open
Position Type: FT Sal/WhCo OT
About the Organization
Sun Chemical, a member of the DIC group, is a leading producer of printing inks, coatings and supplies, pigments, polymers, liquid compounds, solid compounds, and application materials. Together with DIC, Sun Chemical has annual sales of more than $7.5 billion and over 20,000 employees supporting customers around the world.
Under the general supervision of the Production Manager, is responsible for the day to day running of the Production Department. Responsible for meeting all production and shipping requirements in a safe, timely and efficient manner. Works with the QC Laboratory and Maintenance Departments in developing and implementing quality and maintenance programs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supervise a team of employees in manufacturing, executes company initiatives such as Safety, Sun Care, ISO, and 5S.
- Maintains housekeeping and 5s.
- Investigates equipment failures, investigates quality failures, leads CPAR investigations identifying root cause.
- Communicate to plant personnel daily work assignments.
- Report schedule misses or material shortages impacting production back to MRP for investigation and resolution
- Serve as role model for operators in safety, quality, attendance, conduct, performance, and efficiency.
- Provides Leadership to shift.
- Schedules PM with maintenance and maintains production schedule.
- Help create/maintain culture of cooperation with associates, other supervisors, and management.
- Lead employees: Assure work assignments are being completed effectively and assist employees to resolve production problems.
- Leads shift exchange meetings, communicate information that supports the various programs at site, process changes to equipment or raw materials.
- Responsible for training personnel and documentation of employee competencies as related to safety modules, SOP/ISO program and plant rules and regulations.
- Report maintenance requirements for equipment, ensure plant personnel is performing housekeeping and preventive maintenance on equipment.
- Assures conformance to bill of materials and process recipes, reporting inconsistencies.
- Ensure process orders (batch tickets) information is completed by employees.
- Perform any required physical production work, to ensure deadlines are met.
- Audits production output throughout the shift to ensure schedules are being maintained.
- Ensure effective employee relations to respond to employee concerns.
- Counsels employees on performance outside of minimum expectations and initiates disciplinary action as required.
- Makes decision on overtime spend as it relates to productions commitments for customer orders.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum two (2) to five (5) years’ experience supervising hourly production areas and personnel
- Good working knowledge of DOT and OSHA regulations
- Batch management experience is helpful
- Strong communication, leadership and project management skills
- Strong SAP knowledge
- Strong knowledge of computer skills (MS Office, Word, Excel) and organizational skills
- Good decision-making ability
- Must be able to initiate problem solving as issues arise during the shift
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
- Full-Time, Exempt
- 1st Shift 7AM-3:30PM
Background and Drug Screen are mandatory if an offer is made.
Sun Chemical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
To Apply: Click Here