A new tab will open
Position Type: FT Hrly-NU/BlCo-No
About the Organization
Sun Chemical, a member of the DIC group, is a leading producer of printing inks, coatings and supplies, pigments, polymers, liquid compounds, solid compounds, and application materials. Together with DIC, Sun Chemical has annual sales of more than $7.5 billion and over 20,000 employees supporting customers around the world.
Will perform a variety of preventative, routine, and emergency tasks for the upkeep and sustaining of plant machinery and infrastructure used to produce heatset ink. Support production facility that runs 5 days a week to meet customer demand.
Essential Job Functions:
- Boiler maintenance
- Repair, calibrate, and preventative maintenance on a wide variety of hydraulic, electronic, and pneumatic equipment.
- Install, replace, or change machine parts and attachments, according to specifications
- Examine and troubleshoot equipment, instrumentation, systems, and processes to identify bottlenecks and determine causes of poor process and/or equipment and instrumentation performance.
- Perform maintenance work orders, to include work order initiation, requisitioning, history, and closure.
- Extract pertinent information from equipment files, understand and follow P&ID’s, mechanical equipment, and electrical, instrument loop, drawings, and diagrams
- Comply with all OSHA required activities for PIT (Power Industrial Truck) and certification.
- Comply with all company/department safety rules, policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Education:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1-3 years’ experience in a production/manufacturing environment
- Ability to read, write, and do arithmetic
- Candidates must possess basic computer skills and sound verbal and written communication skills
- Maintain and comply with all OSHA PIT (Power Industrial Truck) and Certification.
- Experience with pumps (diaphragm and centrifugal) drives: gearbox, belts, chain, hydraulic, couplings, bearings, blowers/fans, shafts, nuts, and bolts.
- Air compressor system – including filters, regulators, dryers, and lubricators.
- Proven ability to communicate with all levels of the organization, vendors and contractors, including Leadership, Production, and Corporate Engineering
- HVAC – air handling, blowers, dust collectors.
- Ability to work 40 hours weekly and overtime when needed
- 1st Shift
- $20-$22 per hour starting
Sun Chemical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
To Apply: Click Here