Suh’dutsing Telecom is looking for a 3D technical Artist with Strong programming skills to create interactive training, serious games, and educational content. Responsibilities include modeling, texturing, creating animation blueprints, developing effects systems, and improving visual fidelity with a focus on optimization of graphics performance. This person will work in a collaborative environment with a small team of 3D artists and programmers creating rapid-prototype solutions in a virtual learning environment to alleviate specific training needs and learning gaps identified by the U.S. Government customer. This job will be located in FT. Lee, VA with the on-site customer.
This position will spend the majority of their time creating, reviewing, editing, and animating low-poly 3D models for use in Unity 3D for WebGL building deployment following industry and customer best practices. Writing clean, efficient, and well-documented code in C#. Building and implementing game and logic systems based on customer requirements while adhering to naming conventions and development best practices.
This position is additionally involved in and spends time collaborating with a virtual team of designers, artists, and programmers to create solutions to unique and difficult problems. Assists with the planning, designing, building, testing, debugging, optimizing, and delivering applications. Is able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Implement error-free programming applications in a timely manner according to client needs and expectations.
2. Coordinate with partnering teams to check progress and discuss priorities or projects and applications.
3. Proactively monitor the performance of assigned applications/projects and make approved changes to improve operating efficiency and effectiveness of assigned applications in compliance with customer specifications.
4. Proactively diagnosis and correct application problems.
5. Complete assigned application implementation tasks with high quality and on schedule and periodically experience quality control checks on applications.
6. Adequately formulate and execute training solutions to achieve desired learning outcomes in interactive multimedia platforms.
7. Operate cameras for capturing reference photos and videos showing Subject Matter Experts demonstrating procedures to be translated into digital format.
8. Work with the project manager, programmers, designer, artists, and other team members and managers to identify opportunities to improve operating effectiveness and efficiency of applications.
1. Object-oriented programming.
2. Unity 3D pipeline and build optimization.
3. Low-poly modeling.
4. UV unwrapping and atlasing.
5. Teamwork Orientation.
6. Communication Proficiency.
7. Customer/Client Focus.
8. Problem Solving/Analysis.
10. Results Driven.
12. Project Management.
None. This position is moderately supervised.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, amounting to a usual 40-hour workweek. Occasional evenings and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Game Development, or the equivalent experience of 4 or more years in game development or a related field.
2. Work sample portfolio in 3D programs
3. Experience in and familiarity with C#, PHP, HTML, and Unity.
4. Platform familiarity in Max, Photoshop, Maya.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be authorized to work legally within the United States.
All subject matters of training applications are to be regarded as For Official Use Only status and all details pertaining to training applications are not to be disclosed with the general public without prior written customer permission and approval. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.