The primary responsibilities involve working under the supervision of attorneys handling the formation of entities, corporate filings, assembling records for attorney’s review, assembling and maintaining corporate minute book, attorney support (including entering time for attorneys, general administrative tasks, word processing, and scheduling meetings), processing and distributing invoices.
Essential Job Duties:
- Drafts , proofreads and assists with filings, agreements and letters for sense, grammar, consistency, cross-references, definitions, formatting, facts and typos.
- Compiles materials to be typed following written or oral instructions from supervisor or person requesting document to determine format desired, number of copies needed, priority, and other requirements.
- Maintains current and orderly files according to Firm guidelines, including, but not limited to client files, chronological, administrative, materials for closings, court filings, and ongoing cases.
- Maintains closing files, assists with transaction closings and compiles closing sets. Possesses proficient technical user knowledge of advanced functions of Microsoft Word word processing software and 60 wpm typing speed.
Maintain Client Books:
- Update client Books with minutes of meetings, consents, etc.; also, when transactions close, update the client’s minute book.
- Scan and organize minutes and other actions onto firm’s secure website. Remind attorneys and other team members about upcoming and prior meetings (for record keeping purposes); managing transactions.
- Oversee all aspects of monthly client billing, attend to billing problems, resolve issues with accounting and attorneys, log costs deposits, maintain ledgers of all special billing arrangements, deferrals, discounts, etc.; inputting attorney timesheets into Webview; reviewing monthly pro formas for multiple attorneys, making changes, suggestions, and sending out final invoices; addressing any client concerns re billing; attend to wire transfers.
New Clients / New Matters / File Closings:
- In charge of all file openings for new clients and new matters for corporate, including preparation of file opening forms.
- Discussions with billing partners regarding special billing arrangements.
- Preparation of engagement letters; conflict checks (if required) and preparation of conflict waiver letters (if required).
- Assisting with office administrative duties including answering phones, distributing mail, and liaise with Fed-Ex, UPS, USPS, etc. for all incoming and outgoing packages.
- Greet and assist visitors when they arrive at the office.
- Monitor office supplies inventory and place orders.
- Schedules appointments, including meetings, conferences, court dates, and depositions for team members.
- Coordinates work flow and prioritizes work so that all deadlines can be met.
- Arranges travel schedule and reservations for team members.
- Reserves conference room(s) for meetings; arranges for special equipment, and coordinates catering services.
- At least 5 years law firm legal secretary, specifically corporate or real estate transactions experience.
- BA/BS degree preferred.
- Expert proficiency with the MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) applications.
- Exceptional organizational skills that reflect ability to seamlessly perform and prioritize multiple tasks with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with internal and external Partners, Attorneys, staff and clients.
- The ability to communicate both orally and in written communications effectively and accurately.
- High level of professionalism and interpersonal skills so as to be able to work well with employees at all levels within the organization and maintain all information in the strictest of confidence.
- Reason and apply common-sense understanding to situations encountered.
- Ability to process routine daily functions while being able to resolve sensitive issues and complex assignments utilizing above average critical thinking skills.
- Must be able to work overtime if necessary.
Lifting up to 15 pounds; kneeling, bending sometimes required. Typing/sitting at desk for long durations at a time.
Stradling Yocca Carlson & Rauth is an equal opportunity employer.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?%2by1pS5HEbDXmWYO%2bGg5rIgw