Location: Arlington, Virginia
Categories: Communications and Marketing
Req ID: 4716
Stand Together is a philanthropic community dedicated to helping every person in America find their gifts, and use them, to bring about a country where people succeed by helping others succeed. We’re seeking an experienced leader to join our growing communications team. Our team’s focus is on inspiring action with communications, and growing and focusing that action into social movements that can make a big difference on the most pressing challenge our country faces. Now, we need the right leader to help us realize our goals as Vice President of Brand Strategy.
The ideal candidate will be equally adept at overseeing strategies to spark movements on key issues such as criminal justice, education, and poverty, while supervising a team of committed strategists who specialize on each issue. This role requires an ability to guide and empower a team to develop long-term movement strategies, medium-term campaigns to activate audiences when there is momentum in the country on an issue, and short-term communications plans to capture fast-moving opportunities.
Not only will these efforts inspire action on the issues, they will deepen a diversity of audiences’ connection to Stand Together’s brand.
Your Responsibilities Include
- Oversee and drive the development and execution of transformative public affairs and public advocacy strategies on Stand Together’s top issues
- Supervise, develop, and evolve a team of Strategists with a focus on connecting them to the team’s vision, while also rolling up your sleeves to support execution
- Drive public affairs and public advocacy strategies from conception to implementation that align to our mission of sparking movements from diverse audiences
- Work collaboratively with brand, digital, content, creative, video, brand, and media relations
- Proactively identify areas for improvement and develop systems and processes to address issues holistically
Knowledge and Skills You Bring to the Organization
- 10+ years’ experience in developing or overseeing communications, brand, or public affairs and advocacy strategies
- 5+ years’ experience in managing teams, with an emphasis on building, managing, and motivating high-performance teams
- A proven track record of delivering measurable results
- Ability to build strong, collaborative relationships with a diverse range of partners
- Excellent communication skills and the proven ability to influence at multiple levels of the organization
- Broad thinking, problem solver who engages proactively and takes initiative
- A process-minded planner who can juggle deadlines, logistics and operational plans for multi-dimensional programs and events with ease
- Ability to shape and harness qualitative and quantitative research to drive effective economic decision-making coupled with an analytical skill set, capable of analyzing and pivoting to results-oriented data
- Excellent persuasive writing, editing, and verbal communications skills, including presentation skills
Stand Together helps social entrepreneurs supercharge their efforts to help people improve their lives. We connect them with passionate partners and the resources necessary to make a greater difference.
Through our philanthropic community, we tackle some of the nation’s biggest challenges so that every person has the opportunity to realize their extraordinary potential.
Stand Together partners with people from diverse perspectives and backgrounds-including people in education, business, community non-profits, and public policy-to accomplish more together than any of us could on our own.
Working at Stand Together is different from many other organizations. We have a relentless commitment to a culture based on a business philosophy called Market Based Management ® (MBM ® ). Informed by the principles that allow a free and open society to flourish, MBM® prepares individuals to innovate, improve, and transform while fostering a healthy, growing organization that creates long-term value for its clients and supporters and fulfillment for its employees.
We believe that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees and applicants with honesty, dignity, respect and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of color,race, religion, religious creed, sex, gender or gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy (including medical needs which may arise from pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), military and veteran status, genetic information, marital or familial status, political affiliation, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?Q3uTJR55TMzd9slwFSgkoAl