**This role is performed onsite at Squaw Valley Resort in Olympic Valley, CA**
About Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows
Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows is an internationally renowned mountain resort in North Lake Tahoe, California and proud host of the 1960 Olympic Winter Games. The resort spans 6,000 skiable acres across two mountains, with stunning views of Lake Tahoe and the Sierra Nevada. Skiers and riders of all ability levels are welcomed by over 65 percent beginner and intermediate terrain, while legendary steeps, towering cliffs and heart-pumping chutes continue to be ground zero for boundary breaking skiing and riding. The resort features slopeside lodging at The Village at Squaw Valley®, which bustles year-round with nonstop events and over 50 bars, restaurants and boutiques. With an annual average of 450 inches of snowfall and 300 sunny California days, Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows is known as the Spring Skiing Capital ™ and provides the longest ski and snowboard season in Lake Tahoe. Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows is on the Ikon Pass , the new standard in season passes, which grants access to 44 iconic destinations across five continents. Ahead of the 2020-21 ski season, Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows announced its commitment to change the resort name, removing the word “squaw,” which is widely considered offensive. The resort has begun work on determining a new name, which will be unveiled in 2021. Visit the Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows website or call 1. to learn more. You can also visit us on Instagram , Twitter , Facebook and Vimeo .
A Great Job and Benefits to Match:
- Free skiing + riding privileges to 14 iconic resorts including Squaw Valley, Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, Steamboat, Solitude and more!
- Generous discounts on outdoor gear, apparel, etc.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) policy for eligible employees.
- Health benefits include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term & long-term disability insurance, HSAs/FSAs and more
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
- 25%-50% discount at Food & Beverage locations at Squaw and Alpine
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Applicants must be 18 years of age.
Essential Job Responsibilities/Duties/Tasks include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Maintain payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data.
- Prepare reports by compiling summaries of hours, earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages using Microsoft Excel.
- Resolve payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Provide payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Assists Administrator on various items such as garnishment processing, and reissuance of stale checks.
- Prepares and accurately issues off-cycle payroll checks in compliance with California Law and internal established standards.
- Maintain payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Maintain employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Complete additional projects as outlined by the Payroll Manager.
Competencies and Job Requirements:
- Effective communication skills, oral & written
- Strong sense of customer service & safety awareness
- Able to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Have a neat & clean appearance in compliance with the company grooming standards
- Punctual, able to report at scheduled start time; available on weekends during peak period
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to communicate effectively
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Have working knowledge of debits and credits and other basic accounting principles.
- Capable of multiple tasking and prioritizing and allocates resources efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Able to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Works independently and with others.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk, see, and hear. Sits for extended periods of time at a computer station or work desk; stands and walks regularly throughout the day; uses hands and fingers to operate computers and office equipment for up to 8 hours each day; lifts up to 10 pounds regularly; exposed to typical office environment conditions and noise levels. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions and the ability to adjust focus.
Indoor/Outdoor: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to outside weather conditions.
Hazardous Materials/Noise: The noise level in the work place is usually moderate.
Equipment Used in Job: General office equipment
- Strong working knowledge of MS Excel.
- 1 year(s): Previous payroll, accounting, or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with Microsoft d365.
- Experience with Great Plains Accounting Software.
- Experience with Ultipro Payroll Software.
- High School or better
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?3p15RJMVILyXOxN%2biLQ5gAr