About Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows
Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows is an internationally renowned mountain resort in North Lake Tahoe, California and proud host of the 1960 Olympic Winter Games. The resort spans 6,000 skiable acres across two mountains, with stunning views of Lake Tahoe and the Sierra Nevada. Skiers and riders of all ability levels are welcomed by over 65 percent beginner and intermediate terrain, while legendary steeps, towering cliffs and heart-pumping chutes continue to be ground zero for boundary breaking skiing and riding. The resort features slopeside lodging at The Village at Squaw Valley®, which bustles year-round with nonstop events and over 50 bars, restaurants and boutiques. With an annual average of 450 inches of snowfall and 300 sunny California days, Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows is known as the Spring Skiing Capital ™ and provides the longest ski and snowboard season in Lake Tahoe. Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows is on the Ikon Pass , the new standard in season passes, which grants access to 44 iconic destinations across five continents. Ahead of the 2020-21 ski season, Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows announced its commitment to change the resort name, removing the word “squaw,” which is widely considered offensive. The resort has begun work on determining a new name, which will be unveiled in 2021. Visit the Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows website or call 1. to learn more. You can also visit us on Instagram , Twitter , Facebook and Vimeo .
A Great Job and Benefits to Match:
- Free skiing + riding privileges to 14 iconic resorts including Squaw Valley, Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, Steamboat, Solitude and more!
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Free lift tickets, plus 50% off lift tickets
- 25%-50% discount at Food & Beverage locations at Squaw and Alpine
- 30% discount at Squaw Valley operated retail stores, including The North Face, Oakley and more
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Applicants must be 18 years of age.
Essential Job Responsibilities/Duties/Tasks include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Maintain highest degree of cleanliness in common areas of the venue.
- Responsible for restroom cleanliness; wash sinks, clean toilets and stalls, restock supplies as needed.
- Responsible for dining area and food court cleanliness; wiping down tables and chairs, restocking products, cups and trays, monitor floors for spills.
- Monitor trash and recycling receptacles and dispose of trash that is in or around restrooms and dining facilities including decks, dispose of waste properly per Placer County statues and Company policy.
- Sweep and mop as assigned.
- Vacuum carpeted areas throughout entire facility.
- Accommodate guests’ requests as needed.
- Heavy labor, snow removal, hauling trash, and furniture moving.
- Required to work at outside for certain tasks.
- Assist with set up & breakdown; set tables and chairs.
- Compliance with chemical handling & usage policies.
Competencies and Job Requirements:
- Effective communication skills, oral & written.
- Strong sense of customer service & safety awareness.
- Able to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Have a neat & clean appearance in compliance with the company grooming standards.
- Punctual, able to report at scheduled start time.
- Work well as part of a team.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be capable of walking or standing 100% of a normal 8 hour work shift and must be capable of frequently carrying, lifting. pushing or pulling up to 40 lbs.
Indoor/Outdoor: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to outside weather conditions.
Hazardous Materials/Noise: The noise level in the work place is usually moderate. This employee will frequently be exposed to fumes, odors, dusts, ventilation
Equipment Used in Job: Chemical cleaning agents, household cleaning products and equipment.
- Must have or be able to obtain a California Food Handlers card.
- One to three months experience in food service or customer service.
- High School or better
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?epParQgY%2fufMTf8SDeQ5Ogn