BASIC JOB FUNCTION: Self-motivated, hard-working leader to oversee Maintenance and Housekeeping staff in the maintenance and repair of 25 acre, country-club style, spread across two contiguous campuses, maintained at 5-star level. Campuses and seasonal facilities include: 33 soft-surface Har-Tru tennis courts, which must be installed annually and maintained daily, irrigation systems for courts and lawns; 3 “clubhouse” and camp support buildings; 1 multi-sport arena; 1 hard-surface tennis/multi-sport court; 1 heated, outdoor swimming pool; 3 residential properties; staff-rental houses.
● Supervise full and part-time maintenance and housekeeping staff (1-2 staff off season; 5-7 staff in- season), including: interviewing and hiring new staff as needed; training, scheduling, evaluating and disciplining of staff; annual performance evaluations
● Serve as point-person for all outside contractors and supervise all subcontractors
● Maintain communication with parent company’s engineering department and coordinate all work done by engineering
● Serve as emergency point-person, alongside GM, for all security, fire and emergency situations
● Coordinate, assign and oversee all work/projects
● Primary function is to “lead by example” as working foreman of multiple crews that work to prepare the campus for opening each spring, and that work in overlapping shifts to maintain the campus once open for the season
● Conduct daily opening and closing inspection of campus; meet with GM on status; conduct weekly walk-throughs with GM and update on-going Punch List; outline/supervise/assist daily work and routines (for tennis court maintenance, grounds and landscaping, pool and buildings) for maintenance and housekeeping staff
● Gain full understanding of maintenance, housekeeping and outside services budgets, and related payroll budgets; track invoices and expenses; work with GM and others to manage to established budget levels
● Work closely with site’s General Manager, and with other site Directors, on maintenance schedules, budgets, status on projects, special events, and on any programs that may require special maintenance attention/routines
● Ensure all equipment, tools, vehicles are maintained, serviced and in good working order and that all work areas are well stocked and organized
● Maintain organized list of all outside contractors and service providers, and contacts for all emergency situations
● Acquire and maintain the following certifications: CPR; AED; Certified Pool Operator (CPO)
● Bachelor’s Degree from 4-year college or university, or 6 years related experience, or equivalent combination in education and experience
● Ideally, experience working in estate management, golf clubs, tennis clubs, hotels, resorts, or similar, and experience working with budgets, managing projects and supervising crews and sub-contractors
SKILLS / CORE COMPETENCY:
● Understands and can see and own a “5-star” country-club vision and standards; attention to detail is very important
● Able to supervise and lead a crew of year-round and seasonal employees
● Maintains a positive attitude at all times and under pressure
● Leads by example to instill a strong work ethic in staff and to encourage productivity and excellence
● Dependable and professional – committed to the Company’s values and standards
● Owns job description and assures that work is completed in a timely manner and that all tasks are performed thoroughly and correctly
● Strong interpersonal skills; excellent oral and written communication
● Able to juggle multiple projects in a busy environment; identifies issues and find solutions quickly and efficiently
November 15 – March 1: Approximately 40 hours/5 days per week, schedule adjusted as needed
March 1 – November 15: Approximately 70 hours per week/ 6 days per week, so as to supervise three daily shifts
Competitive compensation and benefits package, and includes housing for individual or couple.
MEMBER BENEFITS – Employees are eligible to receive member benefits at tennis, sports and fitness company’s clubs, gyms and arenas, including gym access, free walk-on privileges, and employee discounts on retail items and program fees.
HEALTH, DENTAL AND VISION INSURANCE – Full-Time employees are eligible to enroll in our group health, dental, vision and supplemental insurance plans on the first of the month after they have worked 60 days.
401k PLAN – Employees over 21 years of age are eligible to enroll in the Sportime 401k Retirement Plan after one year of employment, including 1000 hours in a calendar or anniversary year.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that supports diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender (including pregnancy and gender identity), marital status, disability, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, citizenship or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: SPORTIME CLUBS, LLC does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any employee. SPORTIME CLUBS, LLC will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes from Recruiters or Placement Agencies will not be accepted by our company and will be processed accordingly.
Apply online or email resume to Pat Nappo: .
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?YuiqU34x1o6gOZD8Jez2uQg