Who We Are:
The Tactical Product Department performs Electronic Warfare programs involving RF/antenna design, system/hardware design and communications signal processing engineering. Applications include a variety of platforms including shipboard, submarine and airborne platforms.
Objectives of this Role:
- Provide leadership of a technical section within the Tactical Products Department with responsibility for meeting utilization, technical and business objectives in support of successful operations
- Reports to the department director and together establish strategic objectives and technical vision for program growth, expansion of business, facilities enhancement, staff development and client cultivation
- Provide engineering support to technology development initiatives for SIGINT related programs
- Technical concept development and leadership of R&D programs involving advanced RF & antenna technology for electronic warfare applications
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Plan, organize, lead and coordinate the technical and administrative activities of approximately 12 engineering, technical and administrative support staff
- Provide technical oversight & manage the execution of research, development, fabrication, test and support projects for a mix of U.S. Government and international clients in SIGINT and Electronic Warfare applications, including system engineering and project management functions
- Promote new business with a variety of U.S. Government and international clients including giving technical presentations, leading and preparing proposals, budgetaries, RFI responses and technical white papers for SIGINT applications
- Occasional travel will be required
- Perform hardware and system engineering functions that include design, development, test and support of RF subsystems and antenna technologies for SIGINT applications including radio direction finding and signal acquisition
- Requires a Bachelors or a Masters with a 3.00 GPA in Electrical Engineering
- 12+ years: Professional-level experience in the defense industry with evidence of ability and recognition for leading others and administering to their technical and professional needs
- Proven success in building and sustaining technical programs and leading high performing technical teams
- 5 years: Experience in development of technical programs related to advanced RF systems and hardware with a demonstrated success promoting work, working with clients and running an engineering business unit. Must have excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience in leading and preparing successful technical proposals, budgetaries, RFI responses and technical white papers.
- Experience with the design, development, integration and test of RF, antenna and communications system hardware. Understanding of communications signal processing and embedded/FPGA applications and experience with SIGINT and Electronic Warfare applications is desired.
- A valid/clear driver’s license is required
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
Job Locations: San Antonio, Texas
For more information about this division, visit the Defense & Intelligence Solutions home page.
For information about SwRI’s benefits, please review our Benefits Brochure .
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disabled/Veteran
Committed to Diversity in the Workplace
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?y4kSpI1waDTyOkfPqkpczwn