A new tab will open
Are you interested in joining an industry leader who is passionate about growth? At Southern States Cooperative (A Farmer Owned Cooperative since 1923); we are focused on helping our employees and our customers grow, by being the very best at offering challenging and rewarding career opportunities to our employees and providing superior products, services and growing solutions for our valued customers. We want to hear from you, so come grow with us!!!
How you will impact Southern States Cooperative:
Supports the Retail Store Manager with overseeing daily operations of a Southern States Cooperative, Inc. (SSC) local farm supply, member co-op, petroleum or retail facility. Plans and directs sales, merchandising, inventory management, production, facility maintenance, and/or business office functions. Relies on retail operations experience and knowledge of industry best-practices to accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is required. Extensive livestock and fertilizer knowledge required.
- Coordinate with the Retail Store Manager to execute a strategic retail operations plan that aligns customer service, sales and volume building, merchandising, inventory management, budgeting and expense control with SSC business and financial goals. Utilize standard operating procedures (SOP) designed to maximize efficiencies while complying with SSC policy and government regulations.
What you need to succeed:
Education: Bachelor’s Degree, will also consider an Associate’s Degree from select programs with specialization in agronomy, plant science, animal science, business management, or a related field of study.
Experience: Requires a minimum of three (3) years of related experience in agribusiness, plant science, petroleum, livestock / pet care, or related industry. Requires a minimum of one (1) year in a leadership role. Prefer previous experience managing daily business operations. Previous Southern States work experience strongly preferred. Extensive livestock and fertilizer knowledge required.
Some of the many benefits we offer:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Accident Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Paid Time Office
- Vacation Buy-Back
- Company Holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Services
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Merchandise Discounts
- Wellness Program
- Volunteer Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
Southern States Cooperative, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against individuals based on their race, color, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, family medical history or genetic information, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws, or regulations.
To Apply: Click Here