• Act as treasurer in activities as custodian of the funds, securities and assets of the organization.
• Supervise and participate in the activities including compliance with tax filing requirements, tax planning, and financial statement tax provisions.
• Appraise the organization’s financial position and issue periodic financial and operating reports.
• Direct and coordinate the establishment of organization budget programs.
• Direct, consolidate and analyze all cost accounting procedures together with other statistical and routine reports, including any desirable analysis of monthly department reports.
• Direct and analyze studies of general economic, business and financial conditions and their impact on the organization’s policies and operations.
• Analyze administrative costs for office space, telephone, and similar services and arranges for purchase arrangements where appropriate.
• Cooperate with organization officers in coordinating expenditure programs with forecasted cash flow.
• Develop and implement financial plans and policies.
• Develop and maintain banking and investment broker relationships.
• Maintain liquidity position and cash balances on deposits with FHLB and cash in banks.
• Prepares and analyzes various financial reports for the Board and outside organizations. Financial statements and reports are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and in compliance with Federal and State regulations.
• Oversee maintenance and safe keeping of mortgage backed securities and investment registers.
• Process month end accrual entries; including preparation and review of monthly budgets with corporate income tax calculations and closing entries.
• Maintain and review all schedules and necessary data on prepaid maintenance and fixed assets records.
• Process and file FFIEC’s Call report with the FDIC and submit these work files to the Internal Auditor.
• Assist in providing financial records and proofs to Internal and outside auditors and bank examiners during any audit period.
• Manage department staff of two in areas including, but not limited to, performance appraisals, salary recommendations, development and discipline.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree in the area of Accounting, Finance or Business related fields required. At least five to seven years of Bank Accounting experience required. Certified Public Accountant credentials helpful.
SOMERSET SAVINGS BANK RETAINS THE RIGHT TO CHANGE OR MODIFY JOB DUTIES AT ANY TIME. THE ABOVE JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT ALL ENCOMPASSING NOR IS IT TO BE CONSIDERED A CONTRACT OF EMPLOYMENT.
SOMERSET SAVINGS BANK IS AN EEO EMPLOYER.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?aZd6%2f%2f3trp90%2bK5YOyEEyQh