Bookkeeper position summary
Our fast-growing, technologically driven manufacturing client is looking for an experienced Bookkeeper who can hit the ground running to learn their systems and accounting processes with minimal supervision. He or she should be extremely organized and have excellent experience processing A/R, A/P, and other general accounting duties. If you have 5+ years of bookkeeping experience and you are hoping to join an established firm with excellent benefits, we would love to hear from you!
Bookkeeper duties and responsibilities
* Under minimal supervision, process accounts payable, accounts receivable, expense reports, and other weekly reports as needed by the Accounting department.
* Assist with acquiring sales and use tax documents from customers.
* Apply skills and knowledge of accounting and reporting requirements under (generally accepted accounting principles “GAAP”).
* Prepare and assist with filing mandatory monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting and tax payments, with appropriate Federal, State, and local agencies.
* Maintain information and review financial transactions by creating and/or monitoring electronic files and/or accounting documents.
* Maintain accounting ledgers by entering/posting/reviewing transactions that are processed in accordance with policy, applicable laws and regulations, and sound business practices.
* Review, verify, organize, document internal expenses, identify eligibilityand records based on defined expense categories.
* Review accounts receivable aging and create and mail monthly statements to customers.
* Enter, verify, and review accuracy of accounts payable and generate timely vendor payments.
* Maintain financial security by following internal accounting controls.
* Remain flexible enough to assist, as directed, with performing other miscellaneous tasks that may arise during daily work schedules.
* Knowledge and experience with full-featured double-entry accounting software
* Demonstrated ability to deal tactfully, patiently, and respectfully with co-workers, customers, and suppliers.
Bookkeeper education and/or experience
* 5+ years of related experience and /or training or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Associates degree, preferred
* Proficiency with QuickBooks and/or double entry accounting software
* Excellent computer and typing skills
The selected Bookkeeper will enjoy a very competitive salary commensurate with the experience and qualifications he/she brings to the table as well as one of the best benefits packages in the business, including:
* Comprehensive Healthcare Insurance
* Dental Insurance
* Vision Insurance
* 401K Matching
* Paid Vacation, Sick Leave, and Holidays
* LTD (Long Term Disability) and STD (Short Term Disability)
* Life Insurance
* Fitness Club Membership
* Employee discount on computers and discounts on cellular phone service
Interested and qualified candidates for the Bookkeeper should submit their resume for immediate consideration. Resumes will be reviewed as quickly as possible and qualified applicants will be contacted to set up an initial telephone interview.
For additional information, please contact Leta Page at .
Locally owned and operated here in Lubbock since 1967, our Snelling team has been matching exceptional people with exceptional job opportunities for over 50 years. Our local Staffing Team has over 200 years combined staffing experience here in Lubbock alone. Whether you are searching for your next opportunity or looking for qualified talent, trust the staffing and recruiting experts at Snelling to help you achieve more.
Awards and Recognition:
Lubbock Avalanche-Journal 2020 | 2019 | 2018 Best of Lubbock – Best Employment Agency
Best of Staffing Client Satisfaction Diamond Award (2)
2020 Best of Staffing Client Satisfaction
Best Professional Search Firms – Forbes 2020
Largest Staffing Firms in the United States – Staffing Industry Analysts 2019
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?v6vrrO7R5mgIhjYJgsr5tAd