Location: US-CA-Point Mugu NAWC
Job ID: 2
# of Openings: 2
Category: Skilled Trades
SJS Executives is currently searching for a talented Locksmith for a position in Ridgecrest, CA. Our ideal candidate must have broad knowledge of the functions and capabilities of commercially manufactured locking devices as well as their working interrelationships with a variety of equipment such as alarms, monitors, video equipment, timing mechanisms, sensors, backup power and equipment which make up a complete security or surveillance system.
- Disassemble locks, replace or work on broken parts and manufacture replacement parts when normal stock parts are not available
- Create pinning charts for re-keying of various manufacturers interchangeable cores, re-movable cores or standard cylinders
- Install, repair and maintain various types of locking devices including prison locks, electronic and battery powered locking devices, mechanical and electro-mechanical locks, access control systems, combination, mortise and cylinder locks used on doors, padlocks, safes, vault doors, file cabinets and auto ignition systems
- Repair, replace and make minor alterations to locking mechanisms such as interchangeable cores, springs, pins, bent discs, tail pieces, etc.
- Extract broken keys and open locks whose key or combination are not available, by means of locksmith tools and trade skills
- Make original, duplicate and master keys by code, impression or duplication using key duplicating machine, key cutting machine or hand filing
- Analyzing, constructing, altering, repairing or modifying locking and security systems and security containers
- Installing, opening and repairing all types of locking devices, making keys and changing combinations on locks
- Work alone or with other workers to perform simple or complex tasks while following appropriate and safe procedures.
- Responsible for reporting to workload manager all discrepancies or unsatisfactory performance of equipment as well as unsafe conditions.
- Performs locksmith and other assigned duties aboard ships and shore installations
- Comply with all safety regulations. Must wear appropriate safety equipment
- Visual and sensory perception along with hand-eye coordination is required to operate equipment
- Detect deficiencies and make repairs
- Diagnose problems
- Installment of devices, equipment, parts, etc. The Locksmith shall have a good familiarity of NAVFAC SW Safety and Health Requirement manual, instructions, agency equipment regulations and directives.
- Receive assignment from the workload manager in the form of oral or written instruction
- Ensure all designated working areas are maintained in an orderly manner and continuously maintained free of trash and debris. At the end of each day, the general work areas shall be swept, supplies, materials, tools, and equipment shall be pick-up and stored, and the municipal trash containers will be emptied.
- Participate in meetings with contractors, agencies, clients, and team members when required to do so.
- Provide monthly status report that summarizes the work efforts and accomplishments performed.
- Comply with all PPE requirements
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Valid California State Driver’s License
- US Citizen
- OSHA 10 – General Industry or Construction Certified – obtained before starting work
- CPR Certification – obtained before starting work
- Must be able to pass background check and drug screen
- Must have a clean driving record
SJS Executives, LLC is EOE, AA, M/F/Vet/Disability compliant. US Citizenship required for most jobs.