The position requires strong skills in journalism and leadership. We are seeking a dynamic personality to cover and develop stories for daily newscasts. Essential skills include the ability to conduct interviews with newsmakers and ad-lib during breaking news.
Our reporters participate in the planning of our shows and produce content regularly. A passion for winning is mandatory! Our candidate will be someone who embraces social media and knows how to consistently engage with the audience. Collaboration is a big part of this role!
Essential Duties and Requirements include the following:
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
- Energy and positivity
- Ability to execute during breaking news events and add context
- Ability to seek and find breaking news
- Expertise in producing breaking news content for audiences on multiple platforms
- Must be a team leader that works well with others
- Will work closely with a photojournalist
- A self-starter who can generate his or her own story ideas daily
- Ability to demonstrate enterprise reporting and creativity in story-telling
- Ability to work under deadline and on a flexible schedule is required
- Contribute story ideas to daily editorial meetings
- Conduct interviews when required via, phone, email, Skype, or other methods
- Participate in regular content planning meetings
- Post content on assigned digital platforms daily
- Some travel may be required
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Previous experience working in a team environment is a must
- At least five (5) years of reporting experience is required
- Considerable live shot experience is preferred
- Proven social media engagement necessary
This is not an entry-level position. If you have the required experience and skills, please apply online and include a link to your latest work.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?xpmmtJtIh%2b4LWx7s1OtHDAv