The Digital Sports Social Media & Audience Development Producer will package and program content for Bally Sports’ new social media accounts launching this Spring. The Producer also will provide strategic and tactical support for social media producers and marketers throughout our 21 regional sports networks across the U.S.
The right person for the role will have creative flair, publishing chops, and a strong understanding of social media monetization and campaigns. We are looking for a great colleague with superior communication and relationship-building skills. The job is remote (from home) with evening and weekend work as dictated by events.
Bally Sports Digital News audience engagement
- Help launch national social channels which don’t exist yet: inform our strategy, aspirational voice, and structure
- Update channels with engaging content and lead staff on sports’ national desk in doing the same
- React to breaking news
- Drive strategic KPIs
- Manage freelancers and partners as needed
- Manage accounts by becoming the primary point of contact for social media partners, including Facebook and Twitter
- Collaborate with the sports national sales team to ideate on revenue-generating opportunities
- Build campaign elements and coordinate execution across national and regional production teams
- Manage campaign budgets
- Manage audience insights and reporting
Syndication partners including Regional Sports Networks
- Be our resident expert in social media content production, audience engagement, listening and reporting tools, Facebook business manager and other account backend platforms – a go-to whom colleagues can count on for help with managing their local accounts and businesses
- Surface videos and other local content with national impact for use on sports’ national social platforms, and vice versa
- Identify and facilitate content sharing for local and national accounts
The right person for this role will be:
- Deeply knowledgeable and passionate about sports, particularly the NBA, MLB, NHL teams for which Sports broadcasts and streams live games
- A self-starter requiring little oversight while maintaining excellent attention to detail and quality control
- Willing to work odd hours as dictated by the digital news cycle and sports, including evening and weekends
- Collaborative and passionate with a team-first attitude toward building a next-generation sports digital media business
- Minimum five years of professional experience engaging sports fans on social platforms on behalf of brands
- Familiarity with Facebook’s Business Manager, Twitter Media Studio, YouTube, and other social media management platforms (established personal relationships a plus)
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or a related field
- Demonstrable mastery of social publishing tools and native platforms
- Experience with Google Analytics and Sprout preferred
- Strong grammar, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally with Sports stakeholders, Regional Sports Networks and partners
- Experience in creating visual content using Adobe Suite
- Ability to work fast under pressure but not at the expense of accuracy
- Writing skills and working knowledge of Associated Press Style a plus
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: 100% company-paid life and disability, 401K match, employee stock plan, education reimbursement, and the ability to design your own comprehensive benefit package to suit you and your family’s every need. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?AKhuWvBUnsHafauDvbgJDgp