CNC Machine Set-up/Operator, Pease
1st Shift Weekend
SIG SAUER, Inc. is a leading provider and manufacturer of firearms, electro-optics, ammunition, airguns, suppressors, and training. For over 250 years SIG SAUER, Inc. has evolved, and thrived, by blending American ingenuity, German engineering, and Swiss precision. Today, SIG SAUER is synonymous with industry-leading quality and innovation which has made it the brand of choice amongst the U.S. Military, the global defense community, law enforcement, competitive shooters, hunters, and responsible citizens. Additionally, SIG SAUER is the premier provider of elite firearms instruction and tactical training at the SIG SAUER Academy. Headquartered in Newington, New Hampshire, SIG SAUER’s workforce is located across eight locations in the United States.
The tremendous growth of SIG SAUER has fueled outstanding opportunities for experienced professionals to join our team.
The CNC Machine Setup Operator performs all the job duties, pre-requisites of the CNC Operator Level I, II, III and can perform all the tasks proficiently. In addition to CNC Level III tasks, the CNC Set-up will perform additional tasks and have additional job knowledge.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
* Successfully setup proven / existing programs and processes with minimum supervision / guidance
* Proficiency in setting up either vertical or horizontal CNC multi axis machining centers or multi turret lathes with multi-part holding fixtures including defining work and tool offsets.
* Setup and measurement of tooling in a variety of holders
* Ability to read and edit part programs in order to establish initial set-up and mapping the machine out for production readiness
* Basic troubleshooting skills in identifying/resolving part tolerance issues caused by various setup, programming, tooling issues.
* Strong communication skills and ability to work in fast paced team environment while maintaining professionalism under tight deadlines
* Familiarity with variety of materials including aluminum, 400 series stainless, mild steel, etc.
* Maintain inventory by verifying receipt of stock and performing necessary completion transactions in ERP system
* Train operators on best practices with both machine operation and quality inspection methods
* Ability to perform calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part dimensions.
* Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces; adhering to control plan standards.
* Maintains specifications by taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
* Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations. Testing of safety features of a machine during set-up
* Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
* Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
* Familiarity and understanding of basic Lean principles including 5S and Visual Management
* Operate machines when set-up work is complete
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?e6qBK%2biM1ulNPVv7RG4HnAi