SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
The Director for Food, Certification & Business Enhancement (CBE) North America, manages and develops a profitable and sustainable business sector within CBE US and Canada. Ensures the business sector successfully meets financial and operational objectives. Engages with the commercial, service delivery, and technical teams to drive the daily operations of the business. Develops a strategic plan, identifies key growth initiatives, and executes achievement. Takes full ownership of the business. Collaborates with Sales and Marketing teams to expand the business sector. Manages the cost to meet financial targets. Defines and implements best in class systems and processes to eliminate inefficiencies and creates a safe and productive environment for the employees.
- Manages performance of the Food business segment teams to ensure client commitments and financial objectives are achieved.
- Manages the P&L to ensure monthly and annual budget targets are achieved for revenue, profitability and networking capital.
- Develops a comprehensive strategic plan to establish a robust pipeline of revenue. Identifies key growth initiatives based on target market sectors and services to expand the business.
- Defines and executes the roadmap to convert strategy into action with key milestones, timelines, and owners to drive business expansion.
- Completes a detailed market segmentation analysis annually that considers the competition, technology, market segments, pricing/margins, growth rates, SWOT analysis, geographies, and client profiles.
- Coordinates with the Key Account Specialists (KAS’s) to ensure audits are scheduled in a timely manner, and a high level of customer service is provided to the clients to expand the business.
- Follows up with the Auditors and the Technical Team to ensure reports are completed on time and queries are responded to in a timely manner.
- Manages the process to ensure that operational KPI’s (global and local) are met.
- Addresses client complaints about Auditors and KAS’s performance, investigates the root-cause, and takes corrective action.
- Expands the service offering beyond Certification Services and seeks opportunities to broaden the Business Enhancement capability into key areas such as Performance Assessments, Supply Chain Risk Management, Training, and Advisory Services.
- Establishes the systems, process, and procedures to effectively deliver the service. Proactively identifies opportunities to improve efficiencies.
- Determines the resource requirements (technical, commercial, and operational) to establish and grows the business.
- Drives the recruiting and hiring process to ensure availability of resources in a timely manner.
- Manages performance of employees to ensure a strong team is in place to deliver results. Implements the right sales incentive plans to drive the desired performance.
- Collaborates daily with the other business sectors and functional areas Directors to ensure an effective management of resources: client base, technical resources, and reputation in the marketplace to aggressively grow the business.
- Partners with the Sales and Marketing teams to define and implement go-to-market strategies, and to develop a robust project pipeline across multiple market segments.
- Identifies any IT requirement in support of the business, internal and external.
- Establishes a winning culture that embraces change, risk taking, and innovative thinking.
- Maintains and develops knowledge and understanding of certification services, standards, regulatory requirements, and client expectations.
- Provides commercial support to the department including input to tender compilation and project/contract coordination.
- Takes a leadership role in creating a safe wok environment for all employees and establishing a culture with high integrity.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sciences or Business Management, Operations or related discipline AND
- 10+ years of relevant experience in Food Industry (Testing, Inspection, Certification), INCLUDING
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?ywVuF6XeMb94Lrzomdj03Am