Dive into the world of big data and trend analysis to solve complex problems and improve Facebook community experiences! Learn how to scale and automate abuse detection processes- Come join us at Facebook! We are looking for engineers with extensive experience investigating and analyzing online abuse, and actively implementing countermeasures. Our focus on data analysis and machine learning as well as our knowledge of the robust infrastructure of our back-end systems allows us to collaborate seamlessly with engineering, data science, and operations teams to build tools and techniques necessary to enforce content quality at scale. Integrity Science Engineers have the opportunity to work on many of the most challenging, complicated, and high-visibility integrity risks the company faces. Our work impacts the billions of people who use Facebook products The potential for impact with this work is substantial, as outcomes could affect the billions of people who use our products. Successful candidates for this team have a bias toward action and enjoy finding patterns amid chaos, making quick decisions, and aren’t afraid of being wrong. The perfect candidate will have a background in a quantitative or technical field, will have experience working with large data sets, and will have in-depth experience in data-driven decision making. You are scrappy, focused on results, a self-starter, and have demonstrated success in using analytics to reduce abuse and negative user experiences across the platform.
- Identify and investigate online bad actors with the interest and capability to target Facebook and its users
- Work closely with others to identify sources of abusive behavior and take countermeasures to stop abuse
- Lead technical investigations from start-to-finish and effectively communicate actionable results to different audience types
- Manage multiple projects at once while prioritizing time based on team priorities
Skills: Minimum Qualification
- 2+ years experience doing quantitative analysis
- Experience investigating and acting on high-impact threats and online threat actors
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Experience thinking critically and qualifying assessments with solid communications skills
- Experience coding in at least one of the following: PHP, Python, Haskell, or Java.
- Experience prioritizing and executing with minimal direction or oversight
- Experience working across the broader integrity/security/Trust & Safety community
- Experience in adversarial space like fraud and spam.
- Proven track record of managing and executing on short term and long term projects
- Development experience in Haskell.
- Familiarity with cross-platform integrity threats
- Demonstrated understanding of security and integrity risks, and how they apply to Facebook and its users
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math/Finance, Physics, Applied Economics, Statistics or other technical field.
- Advanced degrees in Computer Science, Math/Finance, Physics, Applied Economics, Statistics or other technical field.
– provided by Dice