A new tab will open
Tire Business names Service Tire Truck Centers as one of the best Tire Companies to work for in the United States in 2019. STTC offers an excellent benefit package, very competitive pay, and a path for employees to grow within the organization and thrive in a customer centric environment.
Perform mechanical repairs, replacements, and general service to motor vehicles. Responsible for delivering prompt, courteous and professional service to STTC customers. The person who takes this job should be willing to make customer satisfaction a number one priority, must be flexible and understand that job priorities will constantly change due to customer preference.
- Ability to recognize mechanical problems and properly perform repairs.
- Ability to read and understand OSHA regulations and standards, parts manuals and repair material.
- Raises vehicle with hydraulic jack or lifts, uses air tools and heavy hand held tools.
- Removing or replacing mounted tire assembly from vehicles.
- Keep service department clean and organized.
- Communicate all work performed via legible writing on work orders and/or invoices.
- Perform all tasks in a safe and efficient manner.
- Use all provided safety equipment such as gloves, jackstands, wheel chocks, air cages, safety glasses.
- Communicates equipment needs.
- Report all tools or equipment that need repair or that are broken.
- Perform daily maintenance of tools and equipment.
- As needed, perform misc job duties to ensure prompt services to our customer
Capable of operating lift gates, phone, computer, service tools, air compressor, hydraulic jacks, air guns, air gauges and mounting and balancing machines.This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Education and/or Experience : A minimum of one year related work experience.
Language Skills : Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Mathematical Skills : Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Reasoning Ability : Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in writing, oral or diagram form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations : State inspection license and or alignment certification may be required.
Physical Demands : The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel: reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel and crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds and occasionally up to 150 pounds. Specific vision abilities are required by this job which include close vision and depth perception.
Work Environment : The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and outside weather conditions; hot and cold warehouse conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Uniforms are provided by Service Tire Truck Centers at a reasonable cost and must remain clean and free from holes or ears.
Present a well groomed and professional appearance to STTC customers.
Accepts responsibility for own actions
Safety and Security
Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity
To Apply: Click Here