A new tab will open
Tire Business names Service Tire Truck Centers as one of the best Tire Companies to work for in the United States in 2019. STTC offers an excellent benefit package, very competitive pay, and a path for employees to grow within the organization and thrive in a customer centric environment.
As a Commercial Tire Technician, you will be accountable for properly and safely performing the tire and related services needed for all commercial tire users both in the truck care center and on the road. Experience is preferred for this position.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Service Commercial Tires including dismounting and mounting any type of tire.
• Train to perform match mounting, match mating dual assemblies, and radial runout as necessary.
• Inflating of tires to prescribed PSI per load requirements.
• Perform roadside service calls on a rotating on call schedule.
• Determine repairable tire conditions and making such repairs.
• Remove tires for retreading or repair as needed.
• Respond in a timely manner to customer service calls, diagnosing issues, and performing on-site repairs and/or replacements.
• Clean and maintain service equipment.
• Properly maintain assigned Service Vehicle including appearance of on-board service equipment.
• Provide ‘Service Excellence – Always’ to meet the service goals of the location and of customers
• Comply with OSHA regulations and safety requirements.
• Wear proper PPE, use tire cages, and follow all other safety policies and procedures.
• Any other duties as assigned by management
• Perform a variety of manual tasks for extended periods of time, which may include light and heavy lifting, including commercial tires and wheels, standing, bending, and squatting
• Position requires an on-call schedule on a rotating basis. Must be willing to perform service calls on nights and/or weekends on a rotating basis.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and meet commercial driver qualification requirements, including being at least 21 years of age.
• Must possess a mechanical aptitude.
• Strong oral and written communication ability.
• Commitment to follow all safety procedures and work in a safe manner.
• Must be able to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment as part of a team.
• Must be a self-starter and willing to take initiative, able and willing to work without direct supervision, and be willing to attend appropriate training sessions.
Benefits include (but not limited to)
• Top Industry Wages / Competitive pay
• Full health benefit package (includes Medical/Prescription, Dental, Vision, Life, FSA, 401k and more
• 401K with company match
• Paid Holidays and PTO days
To Apply: Click Here