Better jobs for a better world!
Position: Automation Controls Technician
Shift: 2nd shift (3pm-11pm)
Why Join Our Team:
We are a team who is committed to continuous growth and success through hard work, dedication, tireless innovation, and a commitment to quality. We offer many opportunities for career development because our talented associates embrace unique challenges in a demanding market! You will enjoy working in a positive work environment formed on mutual respect and professionalism. At Sellars you can connect with your co-workers, see first- hand the results of your work and be part of a stable, friendly, team-focused environment.
Who We Want:
We are hiring for an Automation Controls Technician. The ideal candidate should have excellent written and verbal communication skills, effective interpersonal and teamwork skills, ability to work cross functionally and ability to resolve problems in a positive manner.
What You Need to Have:
• Associate Degree or equivalent experience in Industrial Automation Technology, Electrical/Mechanical.
• Minimum of two (2) years of experience working in a related position such as machine troubleshooting/process control and basic CAD exposure beneficial. Additional relevant training preferred, particularly mechanical training.
• Prior experience working in the printing, paper production or paper converting industries preferred.
• Valid driver’s license (this position requires that you can travel between worksites).
• Good understanding of AC/DC drives and controls, pneumatics and hydraulics, single/three phase wiring and PLC controls.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as diagrams, manuals, machine schematics, etc.
How you contribute as a team member:
• Provides day-to-day technical support on process control systems and related tasks and supports implementation of new projects.
• Engineer design and implement control systems for upgraded equipment and/or internally fabricated machines.
• Perform PLC programing changes and upgrades with minimal process disruption.
• Perform electrical troubleshooting of instruments, drive systems and control hardware, utilizing as needed electrical test equipment and wiring diagrams.
• Design and implement Supervisory control and data acquisition (SCAD) software.
• Perform efficient, timely repairs of nonfunctioning production assets when required. Be available by phone for all controls related troubleshooting. It is expected that on-call duty will be shared, as equally as possible, by all Technicians.
• Develop and/or maintain CAD drawings when applicable.
How we take care of you!
We frequently seek avenues to enhance our total rewards package as we recognize that our associates are a significant asset to our success and the community! All benefits are available to you from day one!
Medical insurance • Flex Spending Account • Dental • Vision • Voluntary Supplemental insurance • Employee Assistance Program • Short-term Disability • Long-term Disability • 401K (100% company match on the first 4% & total company match of 5%) • Employee Referral
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?wgEESL%2b1n1vg7GFi%2bNzD5wj