Commercial Property Desk Adjuster
IF YOU CARE, THERE’S A PLACE FOR YOU HERE
For a career path that is both challenging and rewarding, join Sedgwick’s talented team of 21,000 colleagues around the globe. Sedgwick is a leading provider of technology-enabled risk, benefits and integrated business solutions. Taking care of people is at the heart of everything we do. Millions of people and organizations count on Sedgwick each year to take care of their needs when they face a major life event or something unexpected happens. Whether they have a workplace injury, suffer property or financial loss or damage from a natural or manmade disaster, are involved in an auto or other type of accident, or need time away from work for the birth of a child or another medical situation, we are here to provide compassionate care and expert guidance. Our clients depend on our talented colleagues to take care of their most valuable assets — their employees, their customers and their property. At Sedgwick, caring counts®. Join our team of creative and caring people of all backgrounds, and help us make a difference in the lives of others.
Sedgwick is a global leader in property insurance claims, offering solutions for commercial and residential markets. We specialize in large/complex losses, large domestic and international commercial risks, middle market commercial property losses, and real estate and catastrophic losses.
To investigate claims against insurance or other companies for personal, casualty, or property loss or damages; attempts to effect out-of-court settlement with claimant.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
Investigates and adjust elements of Property Loss liability claims.
- Write repair estimates for property repairs due to faulty installation, and accidental claims based on information collected from Contacted adjusters, customers and contractors.
- Negotiate and issue payments to homeowners, when possible.
- Telephonically work with homeowners to gather information of materials and measurements of damaged materials, and if onsite inspections are needed may coordinate assignments for estimating services, review repairs bids from contractors.
- May be called upon by other units to complete same type of services for catastrophe duty.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization’s quality program(s).
- Travels as required.
- Demonstrated understanding of building construction principles.
- Proven ability to provide exceptional customer service experience.
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Ability to effectively and independently manage workload while exhibiting good judgment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; interpersonal skills; computer skills with the ability to work with multi-faceted systems; and analytical skills.
- Ability to obtain proper licensing as required.
Education & Licensing
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
Four (4) years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong oral and written communication, including presentation skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Demonstrated commitment to timely reporting
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with varying levels (co-workers, vendors, clients, and management)
- Strong integrity
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment, troubleshooting, problem solving, analysis, and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
- Computer keyboarding, travel as required
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to kneel, squat or bend.
- Must be able to work outdoors in hot and/or cold weather conditions.
- Have the ability to climb, crawl, stoop, kneel, reaching/working overhead
- Be able to lift/carry up to 50 pounds
- Be able to push/pull up to 100 pounds
- Be able to drive up to 4 hours per day.
- Must have continual use of manual dexterity
Hearing, vision and talking
Credit security clearance, confirmed via a background credit check, is required for this position.
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?nXTXWxtXeu0i6c%2fw1jC73Qf