Schrödinger, a scientific software company serving researchers worldwide in commercial and academic institutions, seeks a Materials Science Marketing Specialist in our Portland office.
As a member of our Marketing team, you’ll have the opportunity to compose compelling marketing copy for web pages, blogs, and email campaigns to communicate the value of Schrödinger’s materials science offerings across a range of applications.
Who will love this job:
- A creative, intelligent science enthusiast who understands the challenges faced by materials researchers
- An exceptional writer with a passion for scientific writing
- A digital content creator who wants to flex their creative skills to generate compelling, science-focused content for a variety of audiences
- A quick learner who can accept constructive feedback
- A team player who can work well independently and as part of a group
What you’ll do:
- Develop materials science-focused marketing communications
- Assist in outbound and inbound marketing activities (web content development, graphic design, events planning, marketing communications, marketing automation, etc.)
- Collaborate across territories and teams to coordinate marketing efforts
- Work with external vendors to execute marketing activities
- Aid in training other members of the marketing team staff
- Assist in analyzing marketing data (campaign results, conversion rates, traffic etc.)
- Complete individual tasks of marketing plans as assigned
What you should have:
- An advanced degree in Materials Science or a related field
- Knowledge of atomic-scale simulation technologies and technical or business writing experience
- Proficiency with Adobe, Microsoft, and Google Suites preferred, but not required
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company’s mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To us, “diversity” isn’t just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn’t mean better headlines or public images – it means increased adaptability and profitability.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?RGmwf82kk8MFKqSb%2bBwMuAb