A new tab will open
The School District of the Chathams is seeking a dynamic leader with a demonstrated record of success to join our district as the next Assistant Superintendent for Student Support Services.
The successful candidate for this central leadership position will contribute to the vision of creating optimal conditions and programs for student learning and development.
The Assistant Superintendent for Student Support Services is responsible for providing leadership, program innovation, and management for the department of Student Support Services which includes Special Education, Counseling Services, Psychological Services, School Social Work and all other services provided by the district’s Child Study Team.
The School District of the Chathams serves students ages three through 21 in a range of instructional programs.
The talented, driven, solutions-oriented and collaborative leader will also possess:
- A valid New Jersey Certificate in one or more of the following leadership areas:
- School Administrator (required)
- Educational Services Personnel
- Prior supervisory or administrative experience, preferably in the role of Director of Special Education or Assistant Superintendent
- Prior teaching or case management experience
- An earned doctoral degree (preferred)
- Outstanding communication skills
- Proficiency in financial forecasting, budgeting and planning
- Ability to work effectively in the area of personnel management
- Expertise in program design and implementation
- Expertise in special education law and experience in interfacing and working with external agencies and community organizations
Application Deadline: February 10, 2021
The School District of the Chathams accepts applications and supporting documentation exclusively through the use of Frontline (formerly Applitrack). Please click APPLY to begin the application process.
The School District of the Chathams is an equal opportunity employer.
To Apply: Click Here