At Santen, we’re innovating therapies to improve the quality of life for patients worldwide. Our single focus in ophthalmology enables us to challenge unmet needs in the field-through passionate research, successful collaboration, and clarity of commitment. With over 130 years of investigative insight, Santen remains committed to the discovery, exploration, and development of ophthalmic therapies. As a global company, Santen is expanding to accommodate new and evolving initiatives in ophthalmic research, regulatory management, production, marketing, or distribution. Our clinical development network spans three continents, with centers in Europe, Japan, and the United States.
We are in search of top talent to help us meet our aggressive and important goals.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The primary responsibility of this position is to perform accounting duties at the Senior Accountant level, with emphasis on revenue accounting processes.
This position requires the Senior Accountant to be familiar with the customer contract terms to properly record product revenue and ensure the order to cash process is complete. Other tasks include month-end close entries and reconciliations as detailed below, ensuring journal entries have been recorded to the company’s accounting ledger accurately. Review of the financial statements will assist with ensuring the information relates to the current accounting period and that all information has been accurately recorded prior to finalizing the financial statements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND KEY DELIVERABLES:
- Responsible for full cycle Order to Cash (OTC) processing, including billing and the recording of accounts receivable, gross sales, COGS, gross-to-net provisions, distribution fees and maintaining accounts receivable collections.
- Reviews and analyzes the customer contract terms.
- Coordination with Supply Chain and Commercial Operations teams, as well as intercompany entities.
- Ensure the accurate reporting of gross-to-net (GTN) adjustments for global product revenue.
- Monthly, quarterly and year end close process, including general ledger review, accruals, amortization, and account reconciliation ensuring accurate and timely reporting.
- Document revenue accounting procedures and develop cross training processes.
- Manage and maintain fixed assets register, including monthly depreciation.
- Prepare weekly bank reconciliations.
- Assist with Intercompany cross charges and reconciliation of balances.
- Assist with month-end reporting, including ad-hoc analysis and reporting requests.
- Interact with internal and external auditors and provide support during the audit process.
- Ensures adherence to Santen Inc accounting policies & International Accounting Standards (IAS).
- Proficient in financial accounting, month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close. Preparing journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Excellent computer skills, intermediate proficiency in Excel, experience working in SAP or other ERP systems.
- Bachelor of Science, major in accounting.
- 5-8 years of accounting experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to details and works well under pressure.
- Knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?%2fL61sWS7I6jiB1LX2%2fIuZAk