A new tab will open
Performs general secretarial and receptionist functions in support of client, clinical and administrative staff in the Behavioral Health Program.
Essential Job Functions
- Greet persons entering the building and receive in-coming phone calls in a courteous, professional manner. Provide appropriate information and/or directions to meet client needs.
- Greets clients, checks demographic data on the client, distributes necessary paperwork, and schedules appointments. Notifies provider that client is ready for appointment.
- Data entry for new and previous clients. Registers clients before they see the provider.
- Verify Medicaid in the Web Portal, call Insurance companies and get the clients benefits and authorizations to be seen. Receives proof of income from all clients, enters the financial eligibility, determines the sliding fee co-pay, enters payors and self pay information on client so they can be seen.
- Receives and receipts money from clients. Maintains petty cash drawer. Accounts for funds according to Business Office instruction.
- Functions as secretarial support for clinical and administrative staff, including data entry, filing, copying, faxing, managing correspondence and mail distribution, maintaining forms and paperwork, maintaining office supplies, etc.
- Covers outlying offices and main office, also covers some evening groups.
- Performs vehicle checkouts as needed.
Secondary Job Functions
- Cooperates as part of a support team in special projects, system improvements and managing change in procedures and activities.
- Creates no show letters if requested by individual clinicians.
- Updates staff mailboxes if needed.
- Assists in training of other support staff.
- Scans documentation to upload into medical record.
- Back up light building maintenance, cleaning, picking up, and contacting appropriate persons when needed.
- Meets performance standards for this position as determined by management.
Education, Experience/Skill Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience: One to two years in customer service or secretarial position.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities
- Highly developed organizational skills; attention to detail.
- Basic computer skills – Word Excel, etc.
- Ability to interact effectively and pleasantly with the public and with staff.
- Ability to recognize and respond to needs of other without direction.
Material and Equipment Directly used: (including, but not limited to)
Agency computer systems
General office machines and supplies, including copier, fax, printer, voice mail, etc.,
Driving car or van
Valid Driver’s License
General office environment; light physical work as needed: travel or errands outside the office. Hours may include day or evening assignments.
Pay Rate: $15.00/Hr.
To Apply: Click Here