SAIC is seeking an individual to assist in our efforts to support cloud engineering and software implementation services related to National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) plans for a new program focused on environmental prediction innovation. The position will help NOAA to execute a new approach to improve its Unified Forecast System (UFS) for weather modeling and prediction. The position will have a variety of responsibilities, including:
- Design, plan, and integrate cloud computing and virtualization systems.
- Provide specific, detailed information for hardware and software selection, cloud service provider selection, implementation techniques, application data migration techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Develop and conduct testing of cloud and virtualization systems.
- Maintain technical expertise relevant industry standards and in cloud computing and virtualization technologies such as cloud service provider architecture, design, and configuration; cloud deployment models including public, community, private, and hybrid; cloud service delivery models including infrastructure-, platform-, and software-as-a-service; automation; hypervisors; containers; virtual compute, storage, and networks; virtual infrastructure management; self-provisioning; and scaling. Evaluates and reports on new cloud and virtualization technologies to enhance capabilities of cloud-based and virtualized services.
- May also provide systems engineering activities such as: Concept of Operations Formulation, Requirements Definition, Analysis and Engineering, System Architecting, System Analysis and Design, Interface and Data Architectures, Validation and Verification, System Integration, System Op. Performance Analysis, Lifecycle Cost Analysis Estimation, Decision Analysis and Physical Configuration Analysis (PCA).
- Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors degree and five (5) years or more of related experience; Masters and three (3) years or more related experience; PhD and 0 years experience.
My SAIC Benefits . – provided by Dice
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?RG5w3cIptCqevwli7mDAqQn