Material Handler – Night Shift
For over 75 years Rust-Oleum has been a worldwide leader in protective paints and coatings for both home and industry. Vital to the success and growth of our company is a strong commitment to our customers and employees. Rust-Oleum is currently seeking a Material Handler – Night Shift to join our manufacturing facility in Somerset, NJ.
The primary result expected from the Material Handler is to efficiently, accurately, and safely process raw materials, components, and finished goods, and distribute materials to the appropriate department by verifying and maintaining documentation on incoming and outgoing shipments and transporting raw materials, components, and supplies to appropriate departments.
Typical tasks for this position include:
- Perform all material handling functions related to shipping and warehousing, including truck loading, material receiving, storage and supply of filling lines with packaging components
- Ensure secure shipment of finished goods by stretch wrapping of palletized products using stretch wrapping equipment and blocking and bracing loads
- Receive and store raw materials in their proper place. Enter the received raw material in SAP in accordance with set procedure and practice.
- Enter the shipments of material in SAP as assigned, according to procedure.
- Housekeeping – Maintain clean and debris free Shipping & Receiving Areas, Warehouses and Docks. .
- Ensure work area is safe, clean and free of recognizable hazards; communicate all spills or other hazards to the shift supervisor or other member of the plant management staff.
- Safely use material handling equipment, including sit-down and standup forklifts, pallet jacks, etc.
- Conduct cycle counts and physical inventories as necessary.
- May assist in other departments as needed.
- 1-3 years of related experience.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must be able to work above average overtime and flexible hours.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Aptitude with SAP/WMS System as well as ISO-9001 requirements.
- Appropriate forklift and comparable equipment operating skills.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. repeatedly for extended periods.
Additional Consideration Given to Those With:
- Previous shipping/traffic and material handling experience.
- Paint/Coatings/chemical industry knowledge or experience.
Somerset, New Jersey, United States
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?E0ptG1ObUmYANFnJA6tUlQo