United States of America
UT2: 9 Farm Springs 9 Farm Springs, Farmington, CT, 06034 USA
Raytheon Technologies Corporation
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defense company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defense. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cybersecurity. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Summary of Role:
We are looking for a talented UX Lead Designer to join the User Experience Services team and lead the design of innovative experiences in a fast-paced, distributed environment. Your work will have direct impact on both the user experience and the industry as we work to redefine UI design within the context of User Experience in the RTX environment.
* You obsessively advocate on the users’ behalf and have a clear understanding of their goals and how they align or conflict with business goals and technical constraints.
* You effectively collaborate with other team members and make positive contributions to interactions with cross-functional disciplines including product management, engineering, documentation, QA, and support to successfully go from early stage product discovery to deployment.
* You create and deliver high-quality, detail-oriented, user interface designs, information architecture diagrams, interaction models, and UI prototypes.
* You explore a variety of design directions before arriving at a solution, and routinely conduct design reviews with other designers, and cross-functional team members.
* You are able to articulate your design decisions with sound logic, and provide supporting arguments that include data, user research and/or industry standards.
* You know when to dig deep, when to pushback, and also when to make trade-offs to get things done.
* Collaborate. Innovate. Simplify. Iterate.
* Lead the UI design process within the User Experience Services team and implementation of deliverables using ireframes, competitive research, technical feasibility assessments, proof of concept documents, user flows, use cases, user scenarios, functional prototypes, and stakeholder interviews
* Work closely with a cross-functional teams-including product managers, engineers, content strategists, quality assurance, and support-to create elegant and easy to use designs that meet the requirements and raise the user experience bar.
* Generate user interface requirements from business goals, project requirements, technical and time constraints.
* Create process flows, conceptual diagrams, wireframes, and visual designs to effectively communicate high-level design strategies and detailed interactions.
* Give and solicit feedback from other designers and team members. Present your work to and obtain buy-in from cross-functional team members, stakeholders and leadership.
* Provide detailed design documentation and deliverables that support and enable implementation efforts across development, content strategy, and quality assurance, in delivering high-quality software at a high velocity.
* Create new design patterns and processes.
* Contribute to design strategy and thought leadership discussions.
* Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 5 years of relevant industry experience or Advanced Degree and a minimum of 3 years relevant industry experience, including UX design, Information architecture and/or Visual Design with experience leading design teams.
* Lead a team of UI designers as part of a larger organization.
* A strong portfolio or samples of work demonstrating creative and innovative design
* Utilize a data-driven and research approach to inform decisions on the design strategy for various products, helping drive alignment and roadmap prioritization across business lines.
* Ability to work in a collaborative team environment directly with developers for implementation of designs..
* Support Product Managers and Developers in scoping and roadmapping the long term goals of various products.
* Help to build out a library of reusable components and UI conventions.
* Create a framework to turn broad concepts into useful, tangible products.
* Ability to support your work verbally and visually with well-thought out design rationale, data, or user research.
* Ability to quickly grasp and distill highly complex user design issues into clean, understandable solutions.
* Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences.
* Experience with responsive and/or mobile design.
* Experience conducting user research and usability studies.
* Remote Work Available
Required Immigration Status:
* US Citizen or US Person required.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?39e3RcFOq6Yy9DmC9%2fByCAd