Raytheon Intelligence and Space (RIS) is seeking a Mission Architect in the Operations Analysis Modeling & Simulation Organization to develop mission level and system of systems architectures through trade studies and analyses to support RIS strategic pursuits. The Mission Architect must be innovative, creative, and highly motivated in order to help define and evolve next generation defense capabilities. The Mission Architect will consider products from the entire Raytheon portfolio of leading edge, high-tech mission systems including multi-function RF (AESA), multi-function EOIR, High Energy Laser, Electronic Warfare, Battle Management, and Communications systems to construct capability requirements against a sophisticated and ever evolving threat.
The Mission Architect will partner with system and mission analysts to model advanced concepts using commercial, government developed, and internally developed high fidelity federated models and simulations. Candidates will help business leaders identify technology gaps, create technology roadmaps, develop requirements, and demonstrate the operational benefits of these concepts in complex operational scenarios to represent a wide variety of effects chains.
The Mission Architect will be responsible for decomposing the problem, creating solutions, and directing the execution of Operations Analysis (OA) activities in one of the following locations: McKinney, TX or El Segundo, CA. This person will be a key OA point of contact for the organization and help to fulfill OA M&S needs across RIS Mission Areas. The candidate will also be expected to develop professional networks with other Mission Architects across Raytheon to support cross business unit initiatives. The candidate will provide technical leadership and provide technical mentoring to multiple programs as a subject matter experts on mission capabilities, system characteristics and operations analysis.
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment*
Work can be completed in El Segundo, CA or McKinney, TX
* Minimum of 10 years systems engineering experience
* Experience with Military Operations Analysis
* Knowledge of standard government developed tools including AFSIM, Suppressor, Brawler, EADSIM, ESAMS or similar.
* Demonstrated ability to frame a technical problem, define multiple solution architectures, and construct a path to generate a supportable conclusion.
* Strong technical writing and oral communication skills
* Experience in Numerical Optimization Techniques, Analysis of Alternatives, or Design of Experiments
* Strong grasp of mathematics and statistics, including multivariate calculus, linear algebra, probability and statistics
* U.S. Citizenship and ability to access to US only data systems
* CURRENT SECRET CLEARANCE
* Domain knowledge in Sensors (RADARS, EOIR, etc.), Network Communications, Weapons/Effects (Missiles, Projectiles, Electronic Warfare), Command & Control, and Resource Management
* Experience with modeling and simulation of military systems
* Knowledge of scientific computing environments, models, and/or simulations such as the following: MATLAB,
* Simulink, MathCAD, AREPS, and NVIPM
* Architecture training such as Raytheon Certified Architect Program (CAP) or Software Architecture Program (SWAP).
* Understands modern computing environments including Windows and Linux.
* Possess a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness
* Ability to understand tactics as described by military experts and to represent their employment (verbally, graphically, and in simulations)
* BS Degree in Science, Math, Engineering, or related technical field
* MS Degree in Science, Math, Engineering, or related technical field
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.174521
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?ClHc5OEqhJPV3BVjwymsigh