- Are you a mid-career professional who wants to develop Signal Processing solutions to solve complex problems for Radar and/or Electro-Optical/Infrared (EO/IR) missile applications?
- Do you have a passion for developing models and algorithms, integrating them into computer simulations, and then performing analysis of the results?
- Do you enjoy working in dynamic teams where you share your knowledge and learn?
Our multi-disciplinary Algorithm and Simulation integrated product team consists of Guidance, Navigation, and Control; Signal Processing; and missile-and-sensor-level Modeling and Simulation for Performance Analysis. Our Signal Processing engineers are responsible for designing, developing, and integrating Radar and Electro-Optical/Infrared (EO/IR) algorithms, conducting system trades/sensitivity analyses, and conducting performance assessments to support our products and new business initiatives.
U.S. Citizenship status is required, as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Job Description and Key Tasks:
Working in detailed high fidelity simulations written in C/C++ and MATLAB to develop, prototype, and test radar and/or EO/IR signal processing algorithms and models Conducting performance trade-off and sensitivity analysis for missile radar and/or EO/IR applications Working in production and engineering lab test environments and field test environments to test, verify, and validate radar and/or EO/IR signal processing algorithm requirements and performance Working in a team environment in all phases of missile development from program start up to live fire test, to provide engineering support by participating in project design reviews and peer reviews, including technical briefings to internal leadership and external customers
Required Education, Experience & Skills :
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Optical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Math or related STEM degree Four (4) years of applied work experience in the following areas ( Masters with 2 years of experience, or Ph.D.) :
- Programming in a compiled language such as C++ (preferred), C, Java, or Python
- Experience using tools such as MATLAB or Python for analysis of data sets
- Experience using UNIX/Linux based workstations
- Experience simulating physical systems
- Desired Education, Skills and Experience:
- ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
- Advanced Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Optical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Math or related STEM degree
- Experience with missile components and systems
- Experience with signal processing techniques
- Experience with running and modifying simulations and performing analysis
- Experience with radar and/or EO/IR environment models
- Experience with hardware/software integration
- Leadership experience managing others as a technical lead, team lead or similar lead role involving applied system engineering and analysis and interfacing with multiple engineering disciplines
- Experience developing and presenting technical briefings
- Ability to work well in teams and independently
- Good communication, interpersonal, planning and time management skills
- Course work or experience in some of the following fields: radar & image signal processing, digital communications, probability and statistics, linear algebra, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and signals & systems
- Experience in autonomous and collaborative systems
- Current/Active DoD SSBI
- The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?AKhuWvBUnsGg8DjGXID5Nwp