Would you like to work in a collaborative environment at an amazing facility in Indianapolis? Then join our team of smart people solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy. Our facility in Indianapolis, IN offers amenities that create work and life balance. The Indianapolis site is a 973,000 square foot modernized facility that actually began building bombsights during WWII. On site we have a cafeteria plus a fun space with a pool table, foosball and ping pong. Additionally, employee appreciation lunches, bonus opportunities, and great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedules, are just a few of the reasons people come to work at Raytheon!
The Indianapolis Electrical & Mechanical Design Engineering Center (EMDEC) is seeking an Electrical Engineering Section Manager committed and passionate about creating innovative and cost-effective Electrical solutions. The Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) EMDEC organization is accountable for the design of military electronic assemblies using a combination of Commercial Off-the -Shelf (COTS) technology and custom designed electronic circuits.
The Electrical Engineering Section Manager (SM) is responsible for leading a team of 10-20 Electrical Engineers and work products through the systems lifecycle. The SM is expected to ensure work and work products assigned to their section are completed on time and on budget and continuously improve their ability to accomplish the assigned work. The SM is also expected to participate in proposals, roadmap development and growth of the products and section.
Other relevant responsibilities include:
* Demonstrate that the section is effectively executing work to deliver on-budget, on-time, correct, high-quality, complete work products, utilizing IPDS-based Engineering work packages and productivity measures
* Demonstrate the development of staff to meet the needs of the Indy EMDEC staffing/training/development plan
* Demonstrate measurable Execution and Bidding productivity goals for every program on which the section has Engineering content
Direct line management activities for employees in the Section, including performance management, career development and resource allocation
* Work closely with program managers to ensure customer satisfaction
* Interface with customers and users to build relationships and develop roadmaps and product ideas for meeting their needs
* Rapidly respond to customer RFIs and RFPs to shape customer acquisition strategies
* Participation in proposal processes to develop and review cost estimates/proposals packages
* Participate as a member of the Indy EMDEC Leadership Team, flowing communication between the program and engineering department
* Provide leadership to integrated product teams (IPTs) with responsibility for the design development of one or more section products. Is a member of the next higher tier team which develops detailed program plans, statements of work (SOW), schedules, budgets, and Integrated Master Plans (IMP)/Integrated Master Schedules (IMS)
* Maintain a professional attitude, to serve as an example to the team, with team members, internal and external customers
* Work closely with the Indy EMDEC Department Manager in support of IIS goals/objectives
* Minimum of 10 years of experience in Electrical Engineering development, from component level design through integration and test and product delivery
* Experience with technologies and services relevant to the Indy EMDEC
* Ability to obtain a DoD Secret level security clearance with the ability to obtain special access clearance and US Citizenship required
* Leadership experience leading a technical team
* Very excellent organizational and team development skills
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Experience developing and managing product line artifacts
* An active DoD or federal agency security clearance
* Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering and 10 years of related work experience.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?%2bGX3pa8E%2fLWFlVaWXnL1owz