Reporting to the Director of Enrollment and Community Engagement, the Manager of Family Advocacy drives RMP’s work to reach our family engagement vision and support leadership and advocacy of families. Success in the role depends on a belief that all families should have access to multiple options for their scholar’s education and that all families deserve access to information to make informed decisions and advocate in the best interest of their scholar and community. With an asset-based mindset that families can and should be advocates and leaders in their students’ and communities’ education, this role will bring excitement for RMP’s mission and vision and strong systems thinking and execution, and the use of data (quantitative and qualitative). The candidate will also thrive at building relationships across lines of difference with external and internal partners.
About this role
In year one this person will focus the majority of their efforts on supporting prospective family relationship building and recruitment. They will also spend time on deep listening and relationship building with families, RMP team, and external partners, and on internal advocacy projects such as supporting the revision of our culture and discipline policies with family input. This work building relationships with families will drive towards the creation of a clear advocacy agenda and priorities for the network.
In this role, you will
- Lead on data-driven and inclusive family engagement vision
- Support school teams to have all teams average 85% or higher family satisfaction on the every other week family survey, possip, and 60% completion rates and be in the top 10 of family satisfaction of all elementary schools in the district.
- Identify strengths and gaps in our current program and create a clear playbook, listserv, and set of campaigns for family advocacy that can be used year-over-year to drive how our network can be best-in-class in family engagement and advocacy.
- Support teams to meet enrollment targets and build/deepen community connections
- Build relationships through 1:1 conversations and follow-up with families through enrollment support at the school site, phone calls, door-to-door canvassing, event attendance, and event planning
- Build deeper relationships with community partners to coordinate events and communication to maximize school choice opportunities and partners viewing RMP as a positive option to send the students in their community and to connect families with advocacy and development opportunities.
- Demonstrate leadership equity lens and strong service orientation within network and school teams
- Create the capacity for sustainable advocacy work at each school and assist that school capacity in developing a group of 20-30 minimum families who are deep advocates for their students’ education, communities’ liberation, and helping further the mission of RMP by partnering with school operations teams and school leadership at all campuses
- Support with and/or lead on annual projects that will strengthen equity work with families at the core (i.e. SY21 revisiting our culture and discipline systems with an anti-racist, student, and family-centered lens) and foster strong relationships with a small group of families
- Influencing Others – Understands the motivations of key stakeholders to develop plans for change management
- Culture Add and Alignment to Peak ValuesC- Brings a diverse perspective, a strong desire to learn, and a spirit of curiosity
- Organizational Understanding – Thinks strategically to influence individuals, organizations, and social groups
- Strategic Outlook and Alignment – Thinks strategically about issues over the long-term
- Drive for Results and Efficiency – Establishes challenging yet achievable performance goals, aligning systems and processes to deliver on our priorities
- Action Management – Manages and coordinates tasks, develops project plans, monitors performance, and achieves
- Service Orientation – Builds relationships with others by acting with the needs of stakeholders in mind
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience successfully engaging with community members and/or families (educational context preferred)
- Drive to create efficient and effective systems, structures, and procedures, attention to detail, and driving towards outcomes
- A strong project manager with experience driving self and others to results through cross-functional work and understanding
- Clear track record and/or mindset of prioritizing diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Conversational Spanish required. Bilingual fluency strongly preferred.
**This position will be remote in the beginning, however, if we are to return to in-person learning we will expect the Manager of Family Advocacy to be on-site.
Salary & Benefits
- The salary range for this position is $38,250-$51,750 and is commensurate with skills and experience
- Access to healthcare benefits (medical, dental, eye)
- Paid-Time off
RMP is an equal opportunity employer. We seek applicants of diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to color, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Thank you so much for considering Rocky Mountain Prep for the next stage in your career. We look forward to getting to know you and sharing more about us. Please reach out with any questions!
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?o3zZA%2bUD6SEqnhkEQ4ztEgi