The CSR2 (Parts Counterperson) is a front-line position who is responsible for successfully providing excellent customer service and maintaining professionalism while taking parts orders and arranging timelines for customer delivery/pick-up/etc.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Maintain a clean, organized, professional and safe work environment.
- Efficiently and accurately pick, put away, deliver orders and maintain customer will call
- Fabricates hoses.
- Ships and receives freight.
- Process customer and shop orders as well as returns
- Understands basic principles of inventory control.
- Interact with customer to determine customer parts needs, process orders and communicate status.
- Effectively look up appropriate parts in system to determine customer parts needs
- Demonstrate appropriate cash handling and payment procedures
- Follows Contamination Control guidelines
- Executes backorders
- Accurately process and complete parts orders with minimal supervision
- Attend to afterhours call schedule as required
- Resolve customer issues or concerns as necessary
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Ability to work overtime as a job requirement dependent on department needs.
- Availability for weekend, holiday or evening work as required by after-hours schedule.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Knowledge of Database software; Internet software; Inventory software and Order processing systems; DBS; SIS.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to meet and maintain company driving requirements if required to drive a company vehicle.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?1UCFofWBdud8%2bez3f49VhQs