Our client, a national Mortgage firm is undertaking several initiatives in digital transformation and needs a Data Analyst on a full time regular hire basis to join their team in Orange County, CA. Reporting to the SVP of Strategy and Digital Transformation you will use your knowledge of data, IT, and mortgage banking to assist with development of new technology that will drive change.
The Data Analyst is responsible for data analysis within loan origination – research, develop and build analysis/data sets to support sales and operations management team. The Data Analyst is responsible for recommending data standards, researching, implementing and augmenting various predictors, as well as other auxiliary data and algorithmic-centric business enterprises. The position will also support the product team in deriving insights from data analysis, generating ideas and publishing such insights for public consumption. Lucrative base pay plus bonus.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop queries/stored procedures to retrieve and analyze data to support digitization
- Research to identify underlying root cause for issues using data
- Build dashboards to continuously monitor implemented solutions
- Coordinates with operation/management to evaluate internal and external data sources
- Perform ad hoc analytical requests and research projects for internal parties.
- Provide feedback to senior management for identified problem areas and provide proactive solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- At least 7 years of experience in senior data analyst roles or similar
- At least 5 years of Forward Mortgage Lending/ Loan Origination is required.
- 3+ years of experience with Microsoft SQL (query writing for data analysis)
- Prior Data Mapping and Process Mapping
- Expert level SQL skills and experience working with large data sets.
- Proficient in the manipulation and use of large and complex databases
- Strong understanding of database and data warehouse concepts and structures
- Strong quantitative skills with a proven ability to translate analysis into meaningful insights
- Proficient in SQL, Power BI and MS Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint including Pivot, Graph and Slicer techniques).
- Ability to create, compose and edit written materials and presentations
- Experience with predictive modeling (classification, regression, parameter tuning, optimization criteria, feature selection) is desired.
- Experience working collaboratively, including building and maintaining relationships with stakeholders/clients.
- Experience advising a team on innovative methodologies, data science tools, and environments.
- Ability to articulate complex technical concepts/ideas to both technical and non-technical audience.
- Very strong in identifying hidden use cases from dataset and come up with new solutions
– provided by Dice
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?r0F%2bcbyuMCZKVfxk64fvAAp