The Technical Shift Lead position performs highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and process to support the achievement of the plant s business goals and objectives.
Areas include but are not limited to; Extrusion, Thermoforming, Maintenance, Warehouse and General Operations.
The Technical Shift Lead also takes on an important role in plant matters concerning safety.
To perform this job successfully, this individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
The Technical Shift Lead’s essential job duties include, but are not limited to the following.
* Observe, follow and model all safety policies and procedures at all times.
* Model appropriate and acceptable safety behaviors for associates by, for example, using all required personal protective equipment, performing job tasks in a safe manner, and following all safety practices and procedures.
* Maintains a clean working environment daily and conducts housekeeping audits.
* Work in a team environment led and directed by the Technical Senior Lead, Technical Supervisor, Production Supervisor and/or the Operations Manager.
* Extensive knowledge of mechanical and process troubleshooting.
* Continuous willingness to learn the process.
* Thoroughly understands the production process as it pertains to thermoforming and/or extrusion to produce the highest quality parts.
* Works to keep all plant equipment in safe operating condition, as assigned by the Technical Supervisor and/or Technical Senior Lead.
* Performs highly diversified duties related to the installation and maintenance of production machines and facility equipment.
* Completes all corrective and preventative maintenance as directed and assigned by the Technical Supervisor and/or Technical Senior Lead.
* Provides emergency and/or unscheduled repairs of equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of equipment during planned machine service.
* Analyzes equipment problems to identify necessary repairs and/or replacement parts.
* Performs regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment, and plan facilities.
* Completes all required checklists and paperwork.
* Assists in training full time and temporary Associates assigned to the Technical department.
* Assists Technical Supervisor and Technical Senior Lead in implementation of Environment, Health & Safety programs and procedure.
* Follows high quality repair standards.
* Persistently pursues the completion of company goals and objectives as directed by the Technical Supervisor, Production Supervisor and/or Technical Senior Lead.
* Participates in plant expansion and major process improvements activities.
* Assists with plant food safety audits.
* Assists in performing routine plant safety audits.
Repairs any identified discrepancies expeditiously.
* Implement, follow and enforce safety and sanitation regulations.
* Implement, follow and enforce policies and procedures.
* Follows instructions and directions provided by Technical Senior Leads, Technical Supervisor, the Operations Manager and/or other members of management.
Will be assigned to a specific production shift and, as such, may be required to follow instructions and directions of Production Supervisors and Senior Leads
* Work with associates from other departments, particularly Production Supervisors, Senior Leads and Operators, to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
* Assist in demonstrating equipment operations and work and safety procedures to new Associates.
* Support all plant operations with day to day activities and responsibilities.
* Drive a CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT culture in every facet of company operations.
* Report to appropriate management personnel any policy violations, safety incidents, quality issues or other similar facts and circumstances that could either put other employees and/or the Company in jeopardy.
* Follow, comply with and model all company rules, policies and directives, including the Associate Handbook.
* Attend work as scheduled and/or requested by Technical Senior Leads, Technical Supervisor, the Operations Manager and/or other members of management.
This list of job duties is not all-encompassing.
Associates will be expected to perform all other duties that will be assigned as necessary.
Required Physical and Mental Abilities:
The physical and mental abilities described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the Technical Supervisor position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* General Physical Requirements – The ability to stand, walk, hear, and smell.
The ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
The associate is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
* Lifting – The ability to occasionally lift and or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds.
* Vision and Hearing – Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
In addition, good hearing is required. * Manual Dexterity – The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
* Multi-limb Coordination – The ability to coordinate two or more limbs (for example, two arms, two legs, or one arm and one leg) while sitting, standing, or lying down.
It does not involve performing the activities while the whole body is in motion.
* Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
* Trunk Near Vision – The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
* Speech Recognition – The ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
* Speech Clarity – The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
* Selective Attention – The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
* Problem Sensitivity – The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
It does not involve solving the problem only recognizing that there is a problem.
* Language Skills – Must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos in English as required for work and business related purposes.
Must also be able to write and communicate in English in simple correspondence and to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other associates as required for work-related tasks.
Must also be able to understand and converse in English during emergencies and circumstances or situations where associates must be able to communicate to ensure the safety of themselves, other associates, and/or company property.
* Coordination – Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
* Speaking – Talking to others to convey information effectively.
* Learning Strategies – Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
* Reading Comprehension – Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
* Social Perceptiveness – Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
* Monitoring – Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
* Time Management – Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
Must have the ability to manage multiple, competing priorities and projects.
* Management of Personnel Resources – Motivating, developing, communicating and directing Associates as they work, identifying the best Associate for the job.
* Instructing – Teaching others how to do something.
* Positive Attitude – A mental attitude that interprets situations and events as being best or optimized.
* Act as liaisons between maintenance and production departments.
* Supervise and assign duties to associates engaged in technical control and production product.
* Train associates in the repair of equipment such as various machinery, electrical, and the scheduling of equipment maintenance.
* Test equipment to ensure proper operation.
Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate).
Equivalent experience may be substituted for educational requirement where associate demonstrates the necessary skills and capability.
Experience in manufacturing required; Plastics Thermoforming preferred.
Computer Skills: Basic computer knowledge, including, but not limited to, the ability to use the company s intranet, as well as production and maintenance and software, including analysis and entry of data as required.
Language Skills: The ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos in English.
Ability to write in English simple correspondence…… click apply for full job details
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?RzVBsu2CNtZHh3FdgYfx%2bQa