We are seeking a R&D Associate in the Neuroscience TFA to support R&D efforts to develop therapeutics for the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease and other neurodegenerative diseases. The new hire will chip in to preclinical development of novel therapeutics by validating therapeutic targets, establishing new models of neurodegenerative disease, characterizing preclinical therapeutic candidates, and advancing technologies to more optimally deliver therapeutics to the central nervous system.
As an R&D Associate, A typical day may look like:
- Designing and conducting experiments to validate therapeutic targets and study the molecular mechanisms underlying Alzheimer’s disease by utilizing molecular and cellular methods, neural culture techniques, and animal models of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Designing and conducting experiments to develop new technologies to enhance CNS delivery of therapeutics, viral vectors, and other molecules.
- Western blot and ELISA
- Immunohistochemistry / immunocytochemistry
- Animal handling, injection and tissue dissection
- Cell culture for both immortalized cell lines and primary neuronal cells
- Flow cytometry
- Molecular cloning
- Performing sophisticated data analysis as well as trouble shooting under minimal direction.
- Keep up-to-date and well-organized records of experiments.
- Communicating and reporting study findings at individual and group meetings.
To be considered for this position, you must have an MS in Biology or a related field with practical experience in a research laboratory in the required activities. Candidate should be highly proficient in biochemical/molecular or cellular biology methods. Experience in cell culture, and immunoassays such as Western Blot , ELISA and flow cytometry is also desirable. Prior experience in the research using animal models and neural culture techniques is also preferred. Excellent verbal and communication skills, and the ability to work both independently and in a team environment are required
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?q0WEKjQAw2zYkQbnl4IdVgt