Geographical area : Downtown Detroit, MI
The Home Care Aide is responsible for all direct client care in relation to programming, personal hygiene, comfort, safety and regular communication with families and external parties. Provide basic health-related services according to a client’s needs, such as checking vital signs or administering prescribed medication at scheduled times. Light housekeeping, such as laundry, washing dishes, and vacuuming in a client’s home. Help to organize a client’s schedule and plan appointments. Transport client to doctor’s appointments, therapy sessions, employment and or outings. Shop for groceries and prepare meals to meet a client’s dietary specifications and assist with keeping clients engaged in their social networks and communities.
This posting is specific to an assignment based in the Downtown Detroit area. Full-time 40 hours/week. Available shift includes Afternoons (3:00 pm – 10:00 pm ) during the week and some Day shifts (7:00 am – 3:00 pm) on the weekends. Days of the week may vary and includes weekends and holidays. Client services provided may include assistance with Activities of Daily Living (dressing, feeding showering, etc.), assistance with preparing light meals, basic household chores (cleaning, dusting, vacuuming, laundry, etc.) May occasionally ride with client to outside appointments.
* Rainbow Rehabilitation Centers is constantly applying CDC and governmental recommendations regarding the safety of its workforce.
*If hired, we have 2 new hire orientations scheduled for 2/1/2021 – 2/05/2021 and 2/15/2021 – 2/19/2021. Both orientations run 8:30 am – 5:00 pm each day and are located in Livonia.
Begin your career in healthcare with us! Gain valuable experience as a Home Care Aide. Training is provided, no experience is required.
$14.00 – $16.00/hour starting rate* plus bonus program
*Starting rate is based on prior related experience, education and training and assignment. Starting rate is $14.00/hour. Earn up to an additional $2 more based on a combination of your related experience, education and training. Receive an additional $1/hr shift premium when assigned to the NeuroRehab Campus in Farmington Hills.
Earn up to another $1,500 per year with our Performance Bonus Program! Our Home Care Aide Performance Bonus Program is paid out on a quarterly basis. Employees must meet performance criteria to be eligible for the bonus each quarter. Eligible part-time employees receive a pro-rated bonus.
Great benefits for full-time employees that includes:
- Health Insurance including Medical/Rx, Dental and Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Healthcare and Dependent Day Care)
- FREE Short-term Disability
- FREE Long-term Disability
- FREE Employee and Dependent Life and Accidental Death & Disability Insurance
- Paid Time-Off (PTO) for vacation, personal and illness. New full-time employees can accrue up to 12 – 15 days per year depending on your role.
- 9 paid holidays and a holiday premium when working the holiday
All employees regardless of status can participate in:
- 401k plan with company match
- FREE Employee Assistance Program that includes Counseling Services, Estate Guidance and Will Services, Funeral Planning and Concierge Services, Travel Assistance and ID Theft Protection Services
- Outreach events, including employee volunteer programs, clothing and food drives, and other employee-led initiatives
- Health services, such as blood drives, Adult and Pediatric CPR & first-aid classes, and flu shots
- Employee discounts through the LifeMart Discount Program and TicketsAtWork
Requirements for the Home Care Aide include:
- Have a High School Diploma, GED and/or proven ability to read and write
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Acceptable driving record
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Acceptable under the State of Michigan’s Good Moral Statute
Physical Requirements for Home Care Aide:
- Ability to lift and carry 30 pounds.
- Ability to lift, transfer, rotate, push, pull, and assist patients weighing up to 150 pounds who are partially or totally dependent for moving about and maneuvering a manual wheelchair.
- Other physical requirements include stooping, bending, twisting, standing, and walking throughout an 8-hour shift.
- Must be able to execute physical techniques, including bringing patient safely to the ground level.
- Must be able to execute CPR and other emergency first aid procedures according to prescribed standards.
License, Certification or Registration(s) Requirements for Home Care Aide:
- Michigan driver’s license and acceptable driving record. Michigan Chauffeur’s license must be obtained within 2 weeks of employment.
- CPR (cardio-pulmonary resuscitation) and First Aid – Adult and Pediatric Certification required or obtained within one week of employment (training provided at orientation).
- Must be able to drive an automobile.
Language/Writing/Communication Requirements for Home Care Aide:
- Ability to read, write, and communicate effectively with co-workers and clients in an English-speaking environment.
Other Requirements for Home Care Aide A bility to –
- Work efficiently both independently and as part of a team.
- Reason and make judgments and decisions.
- Work effectively and courteously under stressful circumstances.
- Manage time well, set priorities, perform multiple tasks, and organize diverse activities.
- Deal effectively with inappropriate behaviors of clients, including hostility and aggression.
- Recognize inappropriate or manipulative behavior in difficult or challenging situations.
- Calmly and repetitively model appropriate behavior in difficult or challenging situations.
- React to situations, i.e., rescue, preventing a client from hurting themselves.
- Maintain regular and punctual work attendance.
- Willing to work evenings/overnight, weekends, and holidays.
Relevant keywords: Certified Nursing Assistant, CNA, Home Health Aid, HHA, Patient Care Technician, PCA, LPN, Direct Care Worker, DCW, Nursing Assistant, NA, Medical Assistant, MA, rehabilitation assistants, certified nursing aide, home health aide, personal care aide, rehab assistant, aides, CNA, CNA’s, HHA, HHA’s, nursing assistant, nurse aide, Certified Medication Aide (CMA), Certified Nurse Aide (CNA), Certified Nurses Aide (CNA), Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), Geriatric Nursing Assistant (GNA), Licensed Nursing Assistant (LNA), Nurses’ Aide, Nursing Aide, Nursing Assistant, State Tested Nursing Assistant (STNA), Care Giver, Caregiver, Certified Home Health Aide, Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), Home Health Aide (HHA), Home Care Aide, Caregiver, Personal Care Aide, Personal Care Attendant (PCA), Personal Care Assistant (PCA), Companion, Care Provider, Homemaker, Health Care, Healthcare, Managed Care, healthcare, Ypsilanti, Washtenaw, Ann Arbor, Michigan, Seasonal, Part time, Full Time.
#werehiring #workwithus #Detroitjobs #MIjobs #JobSearch #JobSeeker #JobListing #Jobs #Job #Hiring #Employment #tweetmyjobs #jobs4u
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?nIoAaHKcoi2dJcSrSq1i2Ae