Do you thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative work environment? Do you have a deep appreciation for the ever-changing world of digital marketing? We are currently seeking a Senior Software Development Manager to join our team- The Senior Software Development Manager works closely with designers, developers, content creators, stakeholders, and our customers to produce industry-leading user experiences across a range of devices for a global audience. This position leads the digital product team in creating websites and learning and promotional materials to help our customers purchase, find support for, and evaluate our pet products. The Senior Software Development Manager is expected to have a passion for customer-centered design that requires empathizing with our customers and providing input throughout a project’s life cycle. You will have an opportunity to build, shape, and guide the team that is delivering a critical aspect of our company’s growth.
It is an exciting time to join our team as we embark upon our move to our next generation platform utilizing industry standard practices while applying a cutting-edge approach to helping our customers navigate the rapidly growing Pet Product market. Help us tackle this challenge and you will be building market leading product websites, designing using customer centered best practices and contributing to mission-critical software with a direct impact on the direct to consumer bottom line.
Radio Systems Corporation Headquarters is in Knoxville, TN. Where’s that you say? Let’s talk about what’s famous about Knoxville, TN. We have been called The Marble City and “Scruffy City”, names we have embraced as our own. And, what do Quentin Tarantino and Johnny Knoxville have in common? They were both born Knoxville, TN. We are the home of 1982 World’s Fair and we boast of 21 craft breweries in Knoxville now. Click here for the Ale Trail: If you like to hike or camp, visit the Great Smokey Mountain National Park. Take your pick on activities from hiking to biking, our Urban Wilderness has a lot to offer. Knox County has great public school systems, no state income tax and low property taxes and cost of living. If you like outdoor art, we have Music and Shakespeare on the Square, Family Movie Nights on the Square during the summer months in lovely downtown Knoxville.
Our Company: What do you want to know? We are the world leader in pet products with PetSafe® Brand, SportDOG® Brand and Invisible Fence® Brand. PetSafe® Brand makes every product from leashes and harnesses, to water fountains and automated feeders and litter boxes. We have a goal to touch over 21 million pets, people and communities around the world annually. We serve a broad range of pet owners from providing the hunter the best gear for a successful hunt, to accommodating the Not-So-Crazy Cat Lady with all the entertaining toys and effective solutions she could ever imagine. How do we do it? By creating a vibrant and active environment within our team. We work hard to be the employer of choice in our communities and, in turn, serve those communities. At Radio Systems Corporation, teammates take the privilege of serving pets, people and community very seriously, but also have a great time doing so. Each project is approached with an attitude of enthusiasm, resilience, adaptability and teamwork.
What you will do on our Digital Marketing Team:
- Establish Radio Systems Corporation as an industry leader in developing web properties that deliver excellent customer experiences
- Grow a team of software engineers in development to deliver high quality software using agile principles and methodologies
- Utilize excellent interpersonal and communication skills enabling you to translate technical concepts for a wide array of audiences including business groups, executive audiences or drive architecture discussion with your team
- Help architect solutions using your knowledge of web standards, best practices, and design to bring wireframes to life while mentoring other developers through the process
- Drive company-wide design architecture by working with designers and developers to create style guides, brand guidelines, and a definitive set of UX best practices
- Reach a broader customer base by not only meeting accessibility guidelines, but exceeding them where possible
- Responsible for delivering improved experiences of our international customers by designing and developing with an eye toward inclusive, cohesive design and experience
- Lead the team in delivering performance-driven solutions that are well tested and resilient
- Help the team to set measurable business and development goals that can help them level-up in skills
- Understand and solve difficult problems and communicate potential solutions clearly to all levels of the business
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience in leading teams and managing direct reports
- 5+ years experience in web development (consuming/creating REST endpoints)
- Experienced at leading high performing agile software engineering teams with a history of on time delivery, while managing multiple simultaneous projects.
- Engineering manager who embraces servant leader principles
- Proven ability to lead and coach software engineers to continually improve
- Strong experience helping teams build web and mobile UIs with cross browser support
- Experienced in requirements gathering and ability to collaborate with teammates from all levels of the company
- Results-driven problem solving skills
- Outstanding communication skills with a willingness to share knowledge with other peers
- Strong work ethic and high standards for quality and efficiency
We would love if you had:
• Experience building and maintaining rich e-commerce and learning websites
• Knowledge of Oracle ERP or integrating with other ERP software
• Knowledge of Shopify, Contentful, and/or other ecommerce tools
• Experience with Salesforce Commerce Cloud or Demandware migrations
• Strong knowledge of web application development using HTML, CSS and modern JS frameworks
• Experience with JIRA or other Agile project tracking software
• Successful track record of managing complex development programs to deliver technical solutions
• Knowledge of Google Analytics and/or SEO strategies
• Familiar with modern A/B testing frameworks or patterns
• Experience within a Direct to Consumer business model
• Experience establishing and measuring website performance and improvements
• Experience working with GraphQL
Working for Radio Systems definitely has its benefits. We offer a collaborative and creative team-oriented work environment where we encourage you to take risks to learn and grow! We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and 401K match. In addition, we offer a rich wellness program which includes an onsite health clinic, workout facility and of course, we encourage you to bring your dog to work, which is our whole reason for what we do!
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?Gf%2bd7Jn6%2blvCjHOsoQyFKAy