Our Position: Looking for a fast-paced, collaborative work environment? Do you enjoy developing and enhancing websites and web-based applications? If so, then this role might just be a great fit for you! We are currently seeking a Sr E-Commerce Web Developer for our Digital Marketing team that will development, enhance, troubleshoot and maintain RSC Brand websites and web-based applications. This position will design, develop and maintain the operation of RSC websites, with a specific emphasis on user experience and performance. The Senior E-commerce Web Developer is also expected to guide and mentor team members on coding standards and industry best practices.
Radio Systems Corporation Headquarters is in Knoxville, TN. Where’s that you say? Let’s talk about what’s famous about Knoxville, TN. We have been called The Marble City and “Scruffy City”, names we have embraced as our own. And, what do Quentin Tarantino and Johnny Knoxville have in common? They were both born in Knoxville, TN. We are the home of 1982 World’s Fair and we boast of 21 craft breweries in Knoxville now. Check out the Ale Trail. If you like to hike or camp, visit the Great Smokey Mountains National Park and many lakes that are within 30 minutes of Knoxville! Check out Outdoor Knoxville . Take your pick on activities from hiking to biking, our Urban Wilderness has a lot to offer. Knox County has great public-school system, no state income tax and low property taxes and low cost of living. If you like outdoor art, we have Music and Shakespeare on the Square, Family Movie Nights on the Square during the summer months in lovely downtown Knoxville.
What makes Radio Systems a Great Place to Work?
Our Company: What do you want to know? We are the world leader in pet products with PetSafe® Brand, SportDOG® Brand and Invisible Fence® Brand. PetSafe® Brand makes every product from leashes and harnesses, to water fountains and automated feeders and litter boxes. We have a goal to touch over 21 million pets, people and communities around the world annually. We serve a broad range of pet owners from providing the hunter the best gear for a successful hunt, to accommodating the Not-So-Crazy Cat Lady with all the entertaining toys and effective solutions she could ever imagine. How do we do it? By creating a vibrant and active environment within our team. We work hard to be the employer of choice in our communities and, in turn, serve those communities. At Radio Systems Corporation, teammates take the privilege of serving pets, people and community very seriously, but also have a great time doing so. Each project is approached with an attitude of enthusiasm, resilience, adaptability and teamwork.
What you will do on our Digital Marketing Team:
- Plan, architect, and develop new features and functionality for our web-based software applications that enhance RSC’s brand experiences
- Employ a variety of skills to deliver software that follows user experience best practices and established guidelines
- Collaborate with Digital Marketing Team to provide UX input, conversion rate optimization suggestions, and design feasibility
- Identify, troubleshoot and debug defects in code and related systems
- Design, develop and document system and data integration methods
- Determine and understand long-term technical needs of the Digital Marketing Team and contribute to developing related core competencies within the team
- Gather technical specifications and requirements as needed
- Assist in project planning and work with the Program Manager to manage project tasks and communication
- Enhance team accomplishments and competence by productively working with other members of the entire team
- Enforce and contribute to development policies, procedures, and standards
- Collaborate with and support vendors
- Responsible for service availability of all properties, including rotating on-call for emergencies
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent industry qualification
- At least eight years’ experience developing and testing software applications
- Strong understanding of software architecture and software development lifecycle
- Hands-on knowledge of database design, application and documentation
We would love if you have:
- Experience with node.js and REST APIs, and cloud services such as AWS/Netlify would be advantageous
- Ecommerce platforms as in Shopify / Contentful / Gatsby.js/React/GraphQL a plus
- Experience working with Design/UX and QA teams
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to communicate with all levels of management, staff and customers
Working for Radio Systems definitely has its benefits. We offer a collaborative and creative team-oriented work environment where we encourage you to take risks to learn and grow! We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and 401K match. In addition, we offer a rich wellness program which includes an onsite health clinic, workout facility and of course, we encourage you to bring your dog to work, which is our whole reason for what we do! PM20
RSC is dedicated to offering equal employment opportunity for all teammates and fostering a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?Dydize0q0av6ZtQE4D8wiQf