We’re looking for a candidate to fill this position in an exciting company.
- Manages team members to encourage expansive thinking, to be inclusive in approach, and solutions-focused. Includes ensuring team capacity to provide subject matter expertise and strategic policy guidance on key Enterprise issues, including those relevant to state offices.
- Supports team members to transition from subject matter experts to thought leaders by providing mentorship, offering direction, and identifying opportunities.
- Ensures team products (research or policy papers, convenings, and other products) meet established quality standards and stated expectations.
- Builds strategic relationships with internal colleagues and navigates complex environment to achieve results.
- Builds partnerships with external organizations and key influencers to raise visibility, scale, and maximize impact of PPI solutions.
- Master’s degree, or equivalent, and 10+ years of relevant experience in state or federal government, private sector or non-profit engaged in policy development and research, with demonstrated knowledge and understanding of public programs and the health care system, and history of writing and presenting on their area of expertise. Particular preference given to candidates with significant experience working on Medicaid issues at the federal level and/or state-level, or with a focus on state-level delivery system reform that includes Medicaid.
- Demonstrated leadership in building a robust health policy research agenda to achieve stated goals, including through consensus building and outreach to relevant stakeholders.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and planning skills and the ability to communicate strategic plans to the team and to others.
- Minimum of 5+ years managing a diverse team of professionals, with demonstrated success in managing teams for results, and in mentoring and developing team members. Comfortable managing as well as executing projects as required.
- Demonstrated ability to work and collaborate effectively in a team environment, including building strategic partnerships with internal and external colleagues to advance stated policy goals. Demonstrated experience successfully navigating a large, complex environment is highly desirable.
- Excellent oral and written skills, including an ability to communicate complex policy ideas and analyses to a broad and diverse audience.
- Ability to develop, manage and oversee budgets with accuracy and precision.