PSR Associates, Inc. is an IT consulting firm specializing in Staffing and Recruiting Services. People. Solutions. Results. Founded in 2003, PSR Associates, Inc. is headquartered in Atlanta, GA, with additional offices in Tampa, FL; Washington, D.C.; Charlotte, NC; Austin, TX; and Irvine, CA. Trusted, connected, experienced and fast, PSR Associates delivers the right talent to help leading companies perform at their best!
Systems Analyst Position Description
Note: This position is COVID remote. The contractor is required to be onsite at client location on Day 1 to pick up laptop and related equipment. Role with then be worked remotely until COVID onsite work restrictions have been lifted. At that time, this role will shift to onsite. Because of this, resources local to Richmond, VA will receive priority.
We are seeking a Functional Analyst to work with both internal staff and external clients to optimize processes and improve quality for the design, development, and maintenance of technical assets.
It is critical for a functional analyst to understand the operational systems of a client, and what the client requires as changes to their existing systems. The systems analyst must translate those requirements into technical specifications to be used by internal staff to develop the system modifications; diagrams must also be prepared explaining the modifications so that both technical staff and executive management can understand what must be done. The functional analyst must propose alternative solutions that balance cost and benefit, and adequately test the possibilities for business and technical compatibility.
Responsibilities to include:
- Understand the operational systems of a client in order to discover and document required modifications to improve both business and technical processing.
- Drive to detailed requirements and translate them into technical design specifications to be used by internal staff to develop the system modifications.
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis to identify system gaps and deficiencies that require a business, technical or blended approach for resolution
- Diagram proposed modifications using architecture and data flow diagrams, so that both technical staff and executive management can understand what must be done.
- Propose alternative solutions that balance cost and benefit, and adequately test a solution’s feasibility for business and technical compatibility.
- Document current state processes where documentation is missing or out of date.
- Collaborate with staff, vendors, consultants, and contractors as they are engaged on tasks to formulate, detail and test potential and implemented solutions.
- Ensure documentation of requirements and uses cases are completed.
- Facilitate requirements and design sessions for assigned projects.
- Participate with the Quality Analyst and Tester in defining test objectives and designing test plans and test cases for assigned deliveries.
- Assist in the design of reusable regression tests on existing applications.
- Report to management on status of work for milestones and deliverables.
- Provide analysis for opportunities to define and measure progress with metrics present findings to project team and management for adoption and implementation.
- Provide analysis and documentation for continuous improvement and drive to excellence within the Functional Analyst, QA and Testing team.
- Must be proficient in business process management concepts on BPM tools. Strong experience in creating business process models.
- Other tasks as assigned.
The candidate must have a minimum of:
- 10 years of experience delivering business and systems analysis artifacts.
- 10 years’ experience with large, multi-module systems.
- 10 years’ experience demonstrating exceptional written and oral communications skills.
- CBAP, TOGAF certification is beneficial, but not required.
– provided by Dice
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?aTyxERJ1WLhLkj3NCy0jkgt