Responsibilities of the Geologist/Environmental Scientist role will include:
- Coordinate and conduct subsurface investigations, UST closures, and various types of remediations;
- Coordinate and oversee subcontractors (drillers, geophysical consultants, remediation contractors, laboratories);
- Coordinate and manage tasks associated with the implementation of field activities and report preparation;
- Collect environmental samples (soil, groundwater, soil gas, indoor air, surface water, sediment) in accordance with applicable sampling protocol;
- Accurately document field activities (i.e. prepare field notes, boring logs, chain of custody, photographs, and collect measurements and GPS coordinates);
- Interpret analytical data, prepare data tables, and summaries of findings; and
- Prepare technical reports for submittal to clients, and regulatory agencies (i.e. NJDEP, NYSDEC, PADEP).
Our ideal candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in geology, environmental science, engineering, or related field required;
- Two or more years’ experience conducting field work (i.e. sampling, Phase II SI, Site/Remedial Investigation or Remediation);
- Experience working on projects in New Jersey (with working knowledge of NJDEP regulations, guidance, and sampling procedures) preferred.
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER and current 8-hour refresher;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office;
- Attention to detail;
- Resourcefulness and initiative;
- Ability to work independently and contribute to a team;
- Willingness to travel to jobsites across New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania, and sometimes nationally; and
- Willingness to perform a variety of assignments on short notice and on weekends if needed.
This is a remote work situation until the Covid-19 crisis passes. After that you will primarily be working from either our Moorestown or Edison, New Jersey offices.
Property Solutions offers competitive salary and excellent benefits package (medical, dental, and vision, coverage, 401K). We also offer the opportunity to work on a variety of projects including due diligence Phase II Subsurface Investigations, Vapor Intrusion Investigations, Site/Remedial Investigations, and develop Remedial Action Workplans and implement selected Remedial Actions. We offer the opportunity for advancement based on performance.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?nIoAaHKcoi1pcSOaz8wjiwe