Precision Medical Technologies is a Contract Manufacturer of Orthopedic Implants and Instruments. We are looking for Highly Skilled and Motivated team members. We will challenge you every day with new and complex parts. Our machinists are active participants in the manufacturing process, and we expect engaged and dependable employees. Are you up to the challenge?
POSITION SUMMARY: The primary function of the Advanced Machinist is run product, with assistance and direction from the Set-Up Machinist including handoff of the machine to the Production Machinist if applicable.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (essential functions of the position):
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
For the assigned area and products:
• Install and indicate vices, fixtures, and stops.
• Utilize the system to select and send a program to the machine.
• Identify work offsets per set-up sheet, including tramming indexers and/or vices or fixtures mounted to indexers.
• Identify and set tools per set-up sheet and selects proper tool holders.
• Ability to run all tools through the program and identify tool/s that need to be offset to establish a conforming part.
• Knowledge of surface finishes and is capable of changing tools as required to maintain the finish.
• Utilize shop traveler for use in production to verify correct material and any additional notes on material or work instructions that differ from customer print.
• Follow prescribed quality procedures including identifying all dimensions established at machining operation and check established dimensions via the in-process inspection sheet.
• Follow prescribed procedures for time reporting and scrap reporting via data collection to provide accurate data for job costing.
• Follow prescribed safety procedures.
• Knowledge and execution of start-up procedures following machine crash or major tool breakage.
• Lead workplace organization effort including removing fixtures, vices, and stops and placing in the identified area following job, replacing tooling and small tools in the identified area following job, and cleaning machine.
ESSENTIAL EDUCATION, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
• Experience: Previous machining required.
• Ability to read blueprints.
• Ability to use precision measuring equipment including micrometers, calipers, height gauge, and optical comparator with digital readout.
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS (not necessary but preferred):
• Understanding and application of GD&T.
• CNC Programming.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK CONDITIONS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs and up to 50 lbs daily.
• Ability to stand for a minimum of 8 hours and up to 12 hours per day.
• Must be able to work in a manufacturing environment.
• Eyesight and hearing must be correctable to a standard level.
The shift schedule is Monday night through Friday night, from 11:00 p.m to 7:30 a.m. the following day.
Some Saturday hours may be available.
Overtime is occasionally available with manager permission.
The workday is 8.5 hours with a break before and after the unpaid half-hour mid-shift meal break.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?XKXvTSq98%2bnKg%2fkVj%2f7b6gu